Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  07:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

We thought you might be interested to read this news story on Lyle Lamers, founder of Lamers Bus Lines, who passed away on Dec. 30.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Contractors/News/2013/01/04/Founder-of-Lamers-Bus-Lines-passes.aspx

Sincerely,
Kelly Roher
SBF Managing Editor

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  11:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I would share one of my only memories of Lyle. When I first started at this company, I noticed on a regular basis a very old man with his legs hanging out of the dumpster picking out cans. One day I mentioned this to a co-worker. I said "Who's the old bum digging for cans?". The response: "That old bum is Lyle Lamers and without him you wouldn't have a job!". Metal recycling was a hobby of his after he "retired". He had everything neat, organized, and sorted in the scrap area. The money he got from the cans he would use to buy pizza for the shop. As his age was catching up to him the last 3 years, he hasn't been around, but we still keep the scrap heap organized, and we still get pizza with the can money because that's the way Lyle wants it!. RIP.

Go to Top of Page

Former School Bus M8

143 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  3:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember as a kid seeing his buses in old 80's movies that took place in Illinois.

School Bus M8
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000