Noise & Behavior issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RweThereYet

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  2:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should a nationwide lawor school regulation be imposed requiring a childs parent(s) to ride that childs school bus at least once every 45 school days and act as the bus monitor?

I'm not a betting person; but, I'd bet a darn good wager that the conduct of kids would fall back in acceptable norms in short order if each parent had to act as a monitor and witness first hand the conduct of the kids on the buses.

Then there is the added benefit of cost savings for NOT having to pay full-time monitors and the benefits and other costs associated with such positions.

Let's all right our legislators ASAP ! ! !

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  3:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great idea but it's not gonna happen.
Go to Top of Page

sbd37091

93 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  5:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seriously doubt that you could find many drivers that would agree to allow all parents to ride on their bus. The parents of the good kids would be fine, but the parents of the "brats" would probably be a pain in the butt. Remember the old saying that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

The "brats" would act like little "angels" in front of their parents and then they would tell their parents that the bus driver picks on me for no apparent reason.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  7:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If the parents were doing their job there wouldn't be nearly as many discipline problems on the bus or in the classroom!

We had kids that misbehaved when I went to school but if you were acting out on the bus you walked home and if your parents found out about it things got even worse!

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000