New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  4:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Below is a link to a NASDAQ article on the agreement between Omaha Public Schools and STA. In agreement STA agreed to purchase 400 new Propane buses from Blue Bird. The article says this is the largest contract to date for STA. It is also appears to be one of the largest if not the largest delivery of propane buses for Blue Bird.

If you have been following my posts on the mechanic's forum you know that I think propane is the answer to many of the problems we are seeing with maintenance on EPA approved engines.

Your comments are welcome.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/student-transportation-inc-wins-largest-contract-in-company-history-20121218-00114#.UNEJpOQ82Sq

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  09:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an additional article about this. Should be some very good information come from a fleet of 400 propane buses. I would love to see what kind of problems they encounter (if any) and a comparison to their diesel counterparts in fuel usage/ cost, maintenance costs, & driver/ mechanic opinions. I'm sure STA is looking to save as much money as possible to maximize profits. So if they are saving money, on these propane units, they will probably want to obtain more in the future.

http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/omaha-public-schools-switches-to-propane-buses/article_500033a6-c1b5-5ede-9b12-79d0b454a5d1.html

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000