Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 low air warning buzzer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ICFrank

United States
27 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  09:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICFrank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2007 IC bus with a low air warning buzzer that works. However, it is barely audible. I tried a new buzzer - same thing.
I swapped out a dash with a 2006 and bus still does same thing. I do not have Diamond Logic to check anything. Anybody else have this problem or might be able to point me in the right direction as to what to check next?

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not up on IC's. But, unhook your buzzer if possible, run whatever voltage it is supposed have thru it and see if it changes the volume.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  6:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it low volume on it's other functions too? Turn signals, Emergency exit open, and No Child left behind? If they're OK, I'd suspect the low air switch.
I just replaced a failed beeper in an '08. 'Spensive lil buggers.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 12/14/2012 6:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  05:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So when you replace the alarm does it work fo a while and then the sound starts to fade? Thats what happens here. Never found a bad alarm. Audio alarms for your brake system and "NCLB", this has been a long standing problem. All you have to do is disconnect the batteries and the alarm will work again. Give it try. it work for us.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  09:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Argh! I wish these computer geeks would have left our buses alone. Now we're having to reset our buses like they do their computers. lol I always joke with the tech guy here at school. I tell him if my buses performed the way your computers do we'd never get our kids home. lol His response is "well your buses are not as old as my computers. To that I respond "do you have machines older than 14 years?" Of course the answer is always no. LOL

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

ICFrank

United States
27 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICFrank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Low volume all the time. If I get a chance I will check the voltage tomorrow. I can't find a wiring diagram for the buzzer anywhere. I'm assuming it should probably be around 5 volts. I'm thinking that the body controller must complete a ground somewhere to make it work. However, I have not found a bad ground on any of the grounding terminals under the dash. (I have had a couple of the alarms on the newer bus quit altogether. Disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries fixed them. Not that lucky on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

"do you have machines older than 14 years?"

What he doesn't know is that our 1998 buses will run circles around the new garbage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000