Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 mercedes no start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fort La Bosse

39 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  08:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fort La Bosse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what and where is the pld thanks

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be following this one as I am Mercedes ignorant and have one in the fleet. :)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2012 :  6:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A PID is a Parameter IDentifier. The number following PID on the dash display defines what circuit has an issue.

Three part dash coding 101

#1) SID System Identifier - Which computer has a problem
#2) PID Parameter Identifier - Which circuit on that computor has an issue
#3) FMI Failure Mode Indicator - What looks wrong with the identified Parameter on the identified Computer.

MBE Engines have 2 computeres a CPC and an MCM. The MCM(aka PLD) is the Control Module is the Controler on the side of the engine. The VCU (aka CPC) is the Chassis controller.

Edit: VVVVV Thanks for setting me straight Bassman. VVVVVV

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.

Edited by - JustinB on 11/26/2012 12:33:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  05:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLD is German engineering terminology that stands for pumps, lines, and drozzles. It really refers to what we would call the individual cam driven pump units, the line and the injector nozzle which deliver fuel to each cylinder. But what I bet you are looking for is that on the older MBE906 pre-2007, they refer to what we would call the engine control unit and what they later call the MCM as a "PLD-MR." Also, instead of using a CPC as the electronic unit inside the vehicle, they called it a VCU (Vehicle Control Unit). So, normally when you hear the term PLD, it refers to the electronic control unit located on the side of the engine block. Engineers love to throw us curve balls. Hope this helps.

Edited by - Bassman on 11/26/2012 05:27:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  07:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mein auto is kaput!

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000