Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 wiring nightmare
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gehle0784

4 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  12:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit gehle0784's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got a 2007 international ce200 that started out as wipers and step lights not working i replaced the multifunction switch and the wipers and step light started working. The next trip the step lights were out again and i could not trace the wire so i took it into the shop. The hardwired the steplights to the door switch above the door. Step lights now work great but now i no longer have clearence lights the fuse and relay are new. The shop told me we have bigger issues if you know something please send it my way. thanks

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not real easy to explain, but with it being a 2007 all the functions you speak of should be multiplexed and controlled by the ESC behind stepwell heater.

I would speculate that by hard wiring your step light and I don't know how it was done? it could be causing an FMI switch inside of ESC to think bus has a dead short in system and trips circuit off to protect itself. if you disconnect the new wiring to steplight will the clearance lights start working again? if you disconnect to try, you would have to cycle key off and back on to get FMI to reset.

or is the original wiring that was removed from step light shorting out on something? causing a short in clearance light circuit?

Edited by - slippert on 11/16/2012 10:45:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

gehle0784

4 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit gehle0784's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from the looks of the new wiring the attached one wire to the open door wire above the door and once i unhooked bolth the lights step and outside lights i still have no overhead cleareance lights working thanks for the input i am at the esc trying to test power and ground by that
Go to Top of Page

gehle0784

4 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit gehle0784's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what i found the cut the wires that go from fuse panel to lights off and wired one wire to the overhead door motor that lets the door motor quite opening the wires are just cut there and wondering if what you are saying would completly mess up that computer because there is no full circuit available with the open wires thanks for your input
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  11:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would recomend using IH diamond logic builder software to ck inputs and outputs for ESC. not sure what you have to work with but unless you are sure what your doing at ESC, may cause yourself more headaches.

with my software I can turn on lights and ck inputs , outputs from ESC with my laptop.

Just by chance did a harness get unplugged when wiring was being installed from door to step lights.
Look for the simple things first! I have had hood wiring rubbed on right corner of radiator on my buses cause ESC to trip off clearance lights. as soon as problem was fixed, and cycled key all lights work again. again look for simple things first before thinking ESC has a problem. I may be a fortunate one ,but so far I haven't had an issue with a ESC being the problem on buses back to 2005 models. with over 200,000 miles on the 05's

Not really following what ur saying? you found wires cut at ESC? or they cut wires and wired in something?
So not being there to see what you mean is a disability.

Edited by - slippert on 11/19/2012 11:54:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

gehle0784

4 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  12:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit gehle0784's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They cut the wires from fuse panel to the step lights area and replaced it with a new wire to bolth lights off of the door motor. The wires are cut right beside frame behind front right tire. I do not have that to work with the best i got is a wire diagram from international shop.(not very good) Once i have put original wires back together i still have no lights thanks for the help it goes back to shop on wednesday if i dont get it figured out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000