New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  08:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm working on this thing it came in with a smoked board. Ordering a whole wiring harness as this one had been patched with telephone wire. This thing gets severe usage. Do you guys do a complete overhaul when they get loose or just replace the worn pieces? The joints seem to be tight in a couple spots. I got a board, harness and new pendant kit coming so the electrical is not a problem. The 3 wire magnetic switches have been soldered in the harness as well so I guess I better get them too. Seems there have been upgrades not done since 2006.

Edited by - Wolf0r on 12/12/2012 09:04:12 AM

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  08:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We normally just replace the worn stuff unless its the cylinders if one is bad we change both. Dont have to much lift issues we only have 10
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  12:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Echo what willism says ^^^above^^^. I have 28 of 36 lift buses with 917's rest are 919's and a couple of the older Braun chain ones 202's(?)left.
Have had to replace a lot of the circuit boards here. from what I have found Braun had a lot of issues with the boards fouling up.
Sounds like you are doin the right thing by replacing wiring that's (say cobbled up) mine work well until dirt rocks causes a mag switch or micro switch to malfunction. Or operator error,lol causes issues.
Haven't had much problem with worn parts yet on the 17's or 19's and some of mine have a lot of cycles on them. but try to keep them serviced and lubed well. mostly replace cyl's and roll stop switches. Some tower switch issues on the latest ones.

Edited by - slippert on 11/13/2012 12:39:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  08:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The smoked board revision J had melted the IC chip next to the capacitor. The other one revision H he brought in had the silver capacitor next to the 10a fuse leak out the juice. Both spew out a codes not even on my list. I lubed it and manually raised and lowered it with the pump handle. It seems to be working freely. I'll know more when my parts get here. They have knocked the magnets off again too I see.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed after replacing the butchered harness and junk magnetic switches. Man these guys need to work on the layout of this wiring. At least now I can un plug things to test them. Why the hell would a tech splice around plugs with telephone wire LOL. He wouldn't tell me who worked on it before under warranty. I hope things have improved in the newer models.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After replacing all the damaged parts I got a few random code 52. I got hold of a Braun tech and he sent me a bypass for the magnetic IB roll stop switch. Seems NHSTA says we don't need two switches. Good thing because this circuit is very sensitive and the magnet moves away from the switch if the IB rollstop moves a bit. Causing the lift to stop intermittently and scaring the crap out of the passenger with that loud beeping and light. LOL Fixed and working perfecto now.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000