Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1999 bluebird all amrican forward engine door prob
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lamotted

5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  1:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit lamotted's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 1999 all american forward engine bluebird. It has air operated doors on it and when you close the doors you can still push them open by hand. I have replaced the door cylinder and the valve to open and close the door. I'm scratching my head bald if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - lamotted on 11/13/2012 08:54:08 AM

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2175 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  06:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked to see if the arms attached to the door are not loose or the bolts broken off?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

lamotted

5 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  07:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit lamotted's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have also replace the arm. Because it was bent
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
283 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  09:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they close really slowly? Could be you need to turn up the regulator pressure.
Go to Top of Page

lamotted

5 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  05:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit lamotted's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i found out that the bottom door hinge was broke and allowing the door to drop and not make contact of top arm. Thanky you for the replies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000