Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 T444E Wont Start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ICRE300

2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  10:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICRE300's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I drive a 2004 IC RE 300 with a DT444E Engine. Every day the bus has started normally without any delay or problem. Then one day i shut it off and went to restart the bus all that happens is the key turns without anything happening front or back. The only way it can be started is by bypassing the solenoid in the engine and pretty much hot wiring the bus. The mechanics cant figure out whats wrong with the bus. Anyone who can help i would appreciate it

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  07:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you say 'nothing happens', do you mean nothing at all, or do the gauges still do the test sweep and the body stuff (lights, fans) work normally?

Edited by - Thomasbus24 on 11/03/2012 07:35:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

ICRE300

2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  07:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICRE300's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

When you say 'nothing happens', do you mean nothing at all, or do the gauges still do the test sweep and the body stuff (lights, fans) work normally?

The gauges still do the test sweep and everything like normal but when you turn the key to start the bus nothing happens.
Go to Top of Page

socalkid

4 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the solenoid been changed out?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000