Vision brake pressure light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  05:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a 2010 BB Vision that we just changed rotors and pads all the way around. ABS tone rings were messed up. After this work the brake pressure light has come on and the pedal is spongy. The system was not opened, i.e.: no bleeders cracked or hoses/lines replaced. Any ideas on what may have caused this condition would be appreciated.

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  06:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may have to bleed the master cylinder. Your brake pressure differential switch on the side of the master cylinder has tripped.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  06:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of the differential switch, so i changed it, didn't matter. we will try bleeding the system out to see if that makes a differnce. thx
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  07:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would bleed it out. Also, I have started to open the bleeder on the caliper when pushing the pistons back in to accept the new pads. This allows new fluid from the master cylinder to make it's way down. You don't even have to bleed the system when you do this. Also I read where the brake system collects 5% moisture per year from condensation (think that is the correct number). So by opening the bleeder when pushing the piston back in I believe I am reducing the amount of moisture in the system.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Troy87

I thought of the differential switch, so i changed it, didn't matter. we will try bleeding the system out to see if that makes a differnce. thx

When you take out the switch look in the hole. There should be a slot where the switch pin goes. If it's not lined up it pushes in on the switch making the brake pressure light up. I had it happen before on a brake job,I got schooled that day. The hard way.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000