Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Power probe input
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DougBier

78 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  11:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking of buying a power probe wireless setup. Would like input if anybody has one. Is it that great of a tool to have ? Thanks !!!

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  11:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must say I had never heard of this product before you made this post. After a quick google search I found the company, and this tool looks great. So I will be reading the responses you get as well. This is the reason I dedicate the time to this site. This forum is just like sitting in the break room with you guys and talking about products, equipment and problems. Thanks for posting!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  1:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about a link?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

DougBier

78 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  2:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.powerprobe.com
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  2:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what Doug is talking about, for sure, but here is what I found. http://www.powerprobe.com/

I just clicked on products when I was on this page.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

DougBier

78 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  2:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to know if anybody had use the tool and if it is carcked up to be what they say.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  2:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the light bulb socket leads that come with it. Those might come in handy.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  4:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Uncle works on cars, he has one and finds it very useful.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  10:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I figure I would comment on the power probe[they work excellent]. The first one i bought was 3-4 years ago. In my shop we have two and two of my techs have bought there own as well. Basicly it is not a light. You hook directly to the battery power and ground. It has a extension cord that will reach right to the back of a bus if required[we do more than buses here]. It has a light built in so if you go under a dash to check fuses you can see what your doing. It is a volt meter with visale lights as well and a buzzer if you want if the voltage changes,[eg. hit a + wire it lights up green, display will read voltage and and it will buzz if option turned on] it will measure variable voltage and you can set to do max and min readings [starter drop tests]. If you hit a circuit and the voltage drop is to high [I think it is set at .25 volt] it will buzz, it will show voltage but green light will not come on]. If you hit a gorund the red light will come on and agian buzz. The next thing it will do is check voltage drops right from the battery because that is its source, very good for finding bad connections. Lastly it is good for checking lights at the back of a unit [powered unit heater fans, lights, switchs etc., it has a ground clip so you can hook up a test light, and it has a rocker switch that when connected to a circuit you can supply a ground or power right at the probe. Eg. you think you have a ground issue at a light because the drop is to much, you rock the switch backwards it grounds the circuit. Same if it is a power supply issue , you rock switch forward and you have power [light comes on], . Wouldnt be with out it.
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  04:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next to IATN it's the best tool in my box.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
467 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  04:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We have the deluxe kit that also has the short finder transmitter and reciever in with the power probe. namao and sob are right this is a must tool, I used the short finder to fix a buzzer that would not shut off when the bus was cold. the tool will point you (literally shows what direction the short is located with arrows) to the problem. Reciever has a range of about six or seven feet but the extension wires for the power probe fit the transmitter as well and you can move down the bus as far as needed. The problem was a shorted wire to the forward roof hatch showed exactly where in the roof the wire was shorted. I used the old wire with a butt splice to pull the new wire through.
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  05:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you work on buses this tool is a must have, saves hours of chasing wire probelms
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  06:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One other thought, I'd go with the Powerprobe III. Not really sold on the "Hook", It will do more than the 3, but it's bulker.

The short detector is great just as Tigger2 says. Buy the Master Combo Kit, you will not regret it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000