New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read somewhere on some forum, but can't remember where to find it, that the government will soon be mandating squared off roofs on new buses? Am I right or is it non-squared off roofs?

Does anyone have any information on this?

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully someone finds what you're talking about. I took a look at the NHTSA website and came up empty handed.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  3:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well that would explain why most new bus models have flat roofs. IC will be next im sure

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  4:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FMVSS requirements are for the most part performance requirements so mandating a shape would not be something they would do. Now a certain shape may lend itself to compliance to a performance standard but to the best of my knowledge no new standards targeting construction are forthcoming.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000