Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Thomas MVP-ER Wiper Pilot Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

msg1987

16 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit msg1987's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Forum!! I'm in need of some advice. I'm trying to install a wiper pilot light on my 97' MVP-ER. Both of my wipers are wired into one single switch, and delay. There are two 12V+ wires for the low and high side of the wiper motor. I'm wanting to hook the pilot light to the 2-way hi/low switch, but I'm not sure how the switch is set up. I really just need a wiring diagram is all. So thanks for any help!!

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  02:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As in you want it to light up when the wipers are on or you want it to light up when the bus is running? (older pushers had this feature to help the driver find wiper switches in the dark)
Go to Top of Page

msg1987

16 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  10:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit msg1987's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh ok! Yes, I want the wiper pilot to light up when I turn the hi/low switch on and stay lit for both hi and low positions. But, I don't think that's going to be possible because I experimented with the switch's circuit layout yesterday, and found there are too many things happening through the switch to accommodate a dedicated pilot circuit. Now, I can either tap into the hi or low motor wires but the pilot would only light up only in one or the other positions, not stay lit for both. I could also install a master switch with the power lead going through the master switch, and pilot light to the hi/low wiper switch main power lead. Meaning I'd have to turn the master switch on everytime I'd want to use my wipers but hey at least the pilot would turn on too regardless if the wiper switch is on hi or low.

Edited by - msg1987 on 10/08/2012 10:55:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  11:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, you'd have to put a diode in the wiring for both the high and low wires to prevent feedback...even then I'm not so sure that the switch itself is going to like what is going on.

As far as a wiper master, an inspector might have a thing or two to say about that.
Go to Top of Page

msg1987

16 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  11:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit msg1987's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol Yeah, that's what I thought too!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000