Do you play the radio on your bus?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thewallfan

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  4:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sub bus that we got had a radio in it. Do you ever use yours (if it has it)? But listening to county is good way to make your rural bus ride even more hick-ish

esgameofsk8

6 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  6:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit esgameofsk8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I grew up riding the bus, I dreaded always being subjected to the radio, loud music I didn't like, though I didn't want to upset the driver asking her to turn it off or down. A lot of the music played often was depressing. (Not to mention that 95% of what kids like isn't even school-appropriate anyways). Certainly I wouldn't want to subject my kids to that!!
Therefore, whenever anyone asks me to turn on the radio, I give them my small boom box (with rechargeable batteries) so that the whole bus isn't forced to listen to it, and I don't feel responsible for playing anything inappropriate. If someone doesn't like what's being played, they can simply move to another seat. Win-win!!
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2012 :  07:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always play the radio on my bus. My high schoolers don't really care what's on. They just ask me to turn it up. My middle schoolers always want current hits on. If the song's not to my standards (swearing, sex, crime, etc) the station gets changed. If they misbehave or get too loud, the radio goes off. In the afternoon it's mainly off, haha. My elementary kids don't care what's on; just like the high school students. So through out the day, I get a good variety of music while driving my bus.

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbuilt_547

23 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  08:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like the radio sets a mood on the bus. Playing country depending on what song, may put a relaxing mood, while playing aerosmith and pink floyd might set a more lively tone. I feel it's important to keep some sanity between you and the passengers

All I need is my Thomas
Go to Top of Page

bigredmachine

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  5:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have about 5 stations that we are "allowed" to play with kids on the bus. All of them are terrible in my opinion. I play one of the pop stations that has mostly Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, etc. Technically it's not allowed but it is a very clean station and the kids enjoy it. It's definitely not my top choice for music, but I can barely hear it in my AAFE anyway.

Formerly BlueBirdMan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000