New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allamericanre
Advanced Member

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  2:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My district got two activity buses, both CE300s, but no IC emblems. Front grille and back bumper both say Navistar. Is there a Navistar branded commercial version of IC, or is this a weird district request? I've never seen the likes of these buses.

thewallfan

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  3:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think that their changing their branding to navistar. I saw a forum about it somewhere.

IC your CE

Edited by - thewallfan on 10/07/2012 3:58:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its for advertising purposes. They are trying to keep the Navistar name out there.

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  02:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are just trying to keep up with Carpenter...

Carpenter Coach, Carpenter Body Works, Carpenter Manufacturing, Carpenter Industries, Crown by Carpenter, Carpenter (a subsidiary of Spartan)...
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  5:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Navistar" now appears on the back bumper of IC buses effective with the 2013 model year. I've seen a few examples here in NJ.

Additionally, the side "wing" logo now has "Navistar" embedded in the bottom stripe, and of course the more recent IC logo with the skinnier "I". Their marketing now says that each IC bus is "backed by the power of Navistar".
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  10:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would love to see pics of the one you are talking about with NO IC logos at all, I've seen what WayneCustom is talking about, but not what the first post says.

My School Bus Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_officer/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000