School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 8.2 detroit diesel standard gph and fuel pressure?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mojojojo

11 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  2:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mojojojo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am installing an auxiliary pump to pull vegetable oil from tanks under back of bus to the engine. want to match the stock fuel pump flow rate and fuel pressure to not overload or starve engine. what is the gph flow rate and fuel psi for this engine?

Edited by - mojojojo on 10/07/2012 7:27:16 PM

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  10:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am not for sure if the 8.2 is exactly the same but I believe the 8.2 used a similar pump.

If I remember(it has been awhile) the flow test for the 53,71,series was approx 1/2 gal per min at 1200 rpm. I don't remember being a pressure test, as those pumps just give a constant supply of fuel to the fuel rail for all unit injectors to use. the rate per min should increase with higher rpm as the pump spins faster.

I am going to say there might be 30-50 psi in the fuel rail, but thats just a guess. It has to have some pressure as the return port out to tank should have a restricted fitting in it. Someone else may know if there is a pressure and what it is.

Edited by - slippert on 10/08/2012 10:45:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000