New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  07:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here had any luck finding replacement seatback covers for the new 2010+ standard high back Thomas seats? My Thomas dealer doesn’t seem to understand that the shape of the seatback has changed and the old style NY High back covers they keep sending me won’t fit the new seats. This side by side picture seems to show it clearly, both high backs, 2008 on left, 2010 on right.

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  08:09:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try calling Matthews bus in NY.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  06:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try United School Bus Seating 18003560441 always been good for us.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  3:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I get to work tomorrow, I'll try to remember to post the correct part number.

We had the same problem with our Thomas dealer. I asked him if he knew what the new seats look like, and he told me he had never been on one of the buses before.

When we got our 2011 buses, we had a problem with the marker that the factory had used to mark the part numbers on the inside of the seat cover bleeding through. After we finally got the part number figured out, after numerous wrong shipments, we found the replacement covers also had the marker bleeding through the vinyl.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

jrkennedy

1 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  07:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jrkennedy's Homepage  Reply with Quote

J R Kennedy Company can supply replacement seatback covers for new 2010+ standard high back Thomas seats. The shape of the seatback changed and required new pattern. Please check our website @ kennedybusparts.com or call 800-334-2407.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  1:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the Thomas part number for the 39" New Hi 2000 Gray Back Cover: TBB H39HI20GYCV.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000