Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Best place to get I C window latches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wjbusguy

United States
42 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  1:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit wjbusguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to replace a bunch of plastic window latches on my I C buses, years 05 to 2011. The ends get worn off and they wont stay up anymore. My local I C dealer wants around 25 bucks for their kit which services one window, times that by 26 or so windows per bus and that gets expensive. Where do you guys get your latches?

Mike

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  4:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://commerce1.cera.net/tacbusparts/sections/catalog/catalog.asp?cat_id=1219

Are any of those correct? I get my stuff from them. www.tacbusparts.com
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  5:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
iC has improved the latches so they have a different tip. Better than the old? Can't say.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

wjbusguy

United States
42 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  12:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit wjbusguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When and what exactly did they do with them? I have a 2011 bus that has been having problems with the windows for a year, of course the windows are out of warrantee. Almost every window has one side that wont stay latched.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wjbusguy

When and what exactly did they do with them? I have a 2011 bus that has been having problems with the windows for a year, of course the windows are out of warrantee. Almost every window has one side that wont stay latched.

IC buses built August 18 2011 and after have latches made of improved material, stronger springs, improved seals and side rails made of coextruded composite material.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

socalkid

4 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  11:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.a-zbusparts.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000