Breaking News
 Enter Forum: Breaking News
 Caught on video.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clipper86

9 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  3:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clipper86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Caught on video: Motorist drives on sidewalk to avoid stopping for Cleveland school bus

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/education/cmsd/caught-on-video-motorist-drives-on-sidewalk-to-avoid-stopping-for-cleveland-school-bus

This blew my mind the first time I watched it, and to think it has happened more than once.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2012 :  03:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happens more than you would think. This is exactly why in Ohio we are now required to use the state-prescribed hand signal for students who are right hand pickup (formerly only required for left hand). You almost have to designate a place of safety for the kids to wait on you that is in a yard rather than the sidewalk. Too many stupid people on the roads.
Go to Top of Page

thewallfan

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2012 :  6:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

This is exactly why in Ohio we are now required to use the state-prescribed hand signal for students who are right hand pickup.

When my driver told us that we would have to start doing that, i thought that it was absolutely ridiculous. But after watching this it makes me think otherwise.

IC your CE
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  06:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome. Justice served! LOL

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  3:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you believe the woman's punishment is to wear an "idiot" sign at an intersection??!? I'm surprised she wasn't fined on top of that..

http://www.fox8live.com/story/20017801/woman-who-drove-on-sidewalk-to-avoid-school-bus-ordered-to-wear-idiot-sign

Go to Top of Page

Clipper86

9 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  03:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clipper86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The punishment of wearing the sign was on top of a $250 fine and lose of license for 30 days.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  11:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She didn't take it seriously, so the judge is going to spend the day with her while she holds her sign!!!!! http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/14/cleveland-idiot-sign-day-2-will-be-supervised.html
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  8:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My question is, who made the sign?
Go to Top of Page

RweThereYet

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a similar incident a couple days ago. Bus #4 pulls into bus loop followed by a car which was then followed by bus #5. Driver in car lets kindergarten student out of car. The driver then realizing she can't go forward of back makes a left turn onto the sidewalk and drives over into the adjacent parking lot and makes a bee-line off school property. But, not before both bus drivers got her license plate number and reported her - no idea what happened from that point.
Go to Top of Page

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  6:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had that happen to me once, only the idiot drove on the shoulder of the road to get around me. Had to slam the door shut in a kids face to keep him from stepping out in front of the car. The the guy must have realized what he did as he stopped in front of the bus long enough for me to get his license.
Far to many out there who just do not think when they drive, scary.

Edited by - coolbusdriver on 04/18/2013 6:04:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000