General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Oldest buses in Michigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spin76

26 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  7:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit spin76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering what some of the oldest buses are that you have in your fleet in Michigan? Im wondering of there are still late 80s internationals or the old box front chevys floating around in some districts, but any "oldies" would be sweet.

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  9:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm originally from the U.P., and last time I was up there, Menominee had a 1991 IHC Blue Bird still in service. That's the oldest I know of. They got rid of most of the 80's relics before I graduated in 2004. The rust will kill a Michigan bus before anything. I live in WI now and have never seen anything as rusty as some I've seen in MI.

Edited by - overbyja on 09/05/2012 9:16:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

spin76

26 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  12:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit spin76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm originally from the west side and I know spring lake had a couple Thomas 91 internationals still on the road as of last summer. They had some 87 Thomas internationals in 09 but I'm pretty sure they have since been retired.
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  1:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spin76

I'm originally from the west side and I know spring lake had a couple Thomas 91 internationals still on the road as of last summer. They had some 87 Thomas internationals in 09 but I'm pretty sure they have since been retired.

With a district land mass of <18 square miles. Those busses had what? 20,000 miles on them?

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000