General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Blue Bird All American A3's - new ones in NJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  3:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A Monmouth County, NJ school district just took delivery of two 2013 All Americans. I saw the buses yesterday and they were the older A3 style, not the new D3. Confirmed the serials via the DMV website - they're 2013's all right!

I don't believe I've ever seen a D3 EVER because as I've previously observed the market for transits is pretty dry in NJ. But it seems that American Bus & Coach, the NJ distributor for Bird, is somehow making the A3's available when they're really not supposed to be (much to the chagrin of Blue Bird, I suppose).

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  3:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The A3 FE is alive and well, with no end in sight. I have one scheduled for build the first week of September.

Customers said that liked the product, dealers listened and went to Blue Bird asking for it to be continued. Blue Bird listened and kept it going. I for one and thankful they did...somebody else can fight with new design flaws...I'll keep what I know works.

Now...I'm sure SOMEDAY the A3 will fade away, but at last check it will be a long while.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  3:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D3 is not price competitive in most areas. The A3 is. I like the driver's area in the D3 better, but like the A3's classic body.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 07/20/2012 3:59:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  10:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
American Bus and Coach is no longer the dealer by the way. New York Bus Sales temporarily handled the district purchasing and now there is a new distributor, Hoover Truck Sales.
Go to Top of Page

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  11:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just got 26 2013 A3FE's delivered 4 days ago, with 26 more arriving this week. I'd say they're alive and well!

Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  5:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw two A3's being delivered to West Des Moines while I was in TN on July 8th. It was nice seeing those being delivered.
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2012 :  12:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't know there was a new NJ distributor. American Bus & Coach was actually a division of Trenton-based operator George Dapper.
Go to Top of Page

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  4:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spotted a few A3's headed the opposite direction on the highway a few weeks ago. They had the blackout package so I assume they were destined for NY.
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  10:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awesome. I'm not a big fan of the new design. I'm excited to hear that Blue Bird is listening to their customers instead of being too prideful in their new design. There is nothing that beats the classic roofline and front/rear caps of a Blue Bird!
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the D3 model, but I prefer the A3.

My School Bus Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_officer/
Go to Top of Page

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  5:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes. Hoover Truck is def. a Blue Bird distrib! Been by the one in Toms River. But still no newtype AA's. They got a bunch of Visions out on the lot. I hear a bunch of them are headed to Brick Township Schools to replace some old Blue Bird TC2000s.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With this new bus that is appearing, the "T3" I am told, I would say the A3 is out of time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000