New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's just so weird...I wonder what my district would switch over to if IC got in bad trouble.

My School Bus Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_officer/
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatum

IC is doing terribly right now..I suspect they will announce bankruptcy soon; they're losing tons upon tons of money.

I don't know how they're going to survive now that they're getting sued for every bus they've produced recently with incorrect emissions.

Where are you getting this from ???
They are using credits, allowed by law

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 01/08/2013 10:07:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  5:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So IC isn't getting fined for each bus that doesn't meet emissions?
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  5:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My understanding from what I read is:

"While Navistar’s medium-duty EGR engines also exceed the EPA limits, credits the company built up during years when its engines exceeded limits allow it to sell non-complaint engines into 2014"
LMT DEC12/JAN13
Go to Top of Page

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  6:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are only being fined for heavy duty engines since they have run out of applicable credits. They still have credits on the medium duty side so they have delayed SCR implementation until those are exhausted. It is unknown at this point whether they will run out before SCR is implemented and certification is achieved. If they run out before, they will pay fines.

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  09:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I see on the web site they are using Cummins in some of there big trucks again.
Go to Top of Page

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  3:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are using the Cummins ISX as their 15 liter engine offering and working to add SCR to their 13L and 11L in-house engines because they are currently paying fines on those platforms.

With regards to legal activity, an analyst mentioned a lawsuit filed by a customer against Navistar referencing quality issues with engines during their last earnings conference call. No specifics and, frankly, sounds like hearsay. The SEC also announced an investigation in August related to disclosure and statements made by the company related to the potential success of their chosen EGR-only engine strategy. However, there has been nothing beyond investigation on that front.
Go to Top of Page

Former School Bus M8

143 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  7:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all this talk about Navistars trouble do you think it would be a bad idea for a district to purchase brand new Ic-Ces for next school year, which in fact will be used for about ten years(first years as route buses then as spares/charters)? I know a district/contractor that will be purchasing new buses for next year soon and I was wondering if they would be better off purchasing C2's or Visions this spring to be used starting next august. Just wondering if it would be a good idea to go with one of the other manufacters?

School Bus M8

Edited by - Former School Bus M8 on 01/14/2013 7:44:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  12:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the same question. I'm wondering if there is anything that districts should be worried about. They switched TD's here again, so I don't know if he knows about everything yet...I always seemed to know more about the actual buses then the past TDs....that's what we get in a small country town.

Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  05:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Navistar will continue to warranty what they sell. IC is not my favorite by any means but I will say that Leonard Bus for the most part was good about warranty issues, even after the district quit buying buses from them.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  09:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No body has anything to worry about. Being that there are more ICs on the road than any other, parts will always be availble. Not to mention how common International trucks are.
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  10:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whatever happens, I just hope they don't change their name again...IC Bus sounds good and looks good, I like that they put "NAVISTAR" on them now, but I just hope they don't move on to "Navistar Bus."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000