Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to say this but, did they add anymore help when they added these kinds of buses or did they give your guys some more hours for doing this?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  2:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More help/ more hours to fill a DEF tank?! How hard is it to pour the stuff in the rez?

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  3:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirdvision

More help/ more hours to fill a DEF tank?! How hard is it to pour the stuff in the rez?

As a bus driver I will tell you that we will not lift a finger to do anything more than what we do now without more money.

Never use to understand why drivers were like that. But after driving kids around for 5 years and not getting paid good, ive become the same way . lol If its not in the union contract, I aint doing it.

Robert B.

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 05/10/2012 3:36:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  5:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
^ You shouldn't have to... I sympathize with you. From what I've heard, the drivers in my district aren't even paid to drive 20 minutes round trip to the highway garage to fuel, let alone clean their buses, which they must do at their houses, until the new wash bay in the highway garage is complete. I would love to make it so they do get paid for all this, but I'm not T/D, and even if I were, I'm in a town full of some serious cheapskates (no, I'm not just saying that... even in a good economy) and it's extremely difficult to do anything with the budget we have to work with... even KEEP the things we already have. Perhaps we should look into advertising on our buses. *Rolleyes*

Anyway. Please carry on with DEF distribution.

Edited by - 08 Thomas EF on 05/10/2012 5:36:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  02:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by partsman_ba

quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Any idea what the % was on the bad DEF? I've been curious just how tolerant these SCR systems are to variables such as this case.

Sorry, didn't see this post. It's been too long ago for me to remember the exact numbers, and my warranty paperwork just shows "out of spec."

Thanks for getting back to me. Sidebar: Yes, we too find that DEF needs refilled in between services. And for anyone curious about it a Blue Bird's alarm goes off when DEF reaches 12% (we wanted to know, so we let it run down).
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  08:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I hate to say this but, did they add anymore help when they added these kinds of buses or did they give your guys some more hours for doing this?

I hate to say this but, did they add anymore help or more hours when you got your 4.5 mpg propane bus that needs fueled every 200 miles?
Seriously, in 2,000 miles I may fuel our diesel SCR bus 4 times and add 5 gallons of DEF. I would guess in the same interval you would need to fuel your propane bus 10 times.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 05/11/2012 08:40:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

We take care of it in the shop. Just fit it in our regular 8 hour day. Doesn't take but 1-2 minutes to do. The drivers are still on the clock if they bring the bus in off route, so they are getting paid.

I'm still amazed that some of you are actually paying good money for DEF dispensing equipment. The two fuel distributors around here both offered to provide everything we needed, so we went with the lowest priced DEF. I even got them to add a longer dispensing hose so we can fill up outside the service bay.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000