Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Engine Dies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nate Wiltsie

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  09:03:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nate Wiltsie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2009 max force dt that randomly dies at idle, even while moving. Generally starts back up and goes. Any Idea's?

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Able to check for codes?
Go to Top of Page

Nate Wiltsie

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nate Wiltsie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EGT not warming up, is the only code. Wondering if there are any known electrical short areas that could be a problem?

Edited by - Nate Wiltsie on 03/01/2012 11:18:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  12:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing that's not really common but have seen 2 so far was the plastic lower cap that has a heater element gets a pin hole leak and they act similar. But thats 06-07 dt's I forget but I think the max dt's have a different fuel filter assy.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  12:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd would start by checking the connections and fuse holders in the battery box that feed the ECM and IDM, those were an issue on some of mine. they would act about like what you are saying or just quit and not restart until repaired or doing wiggle test at fuse holder. this was on the 04-08 IC's, haven't had an issue with them yet on the 09 and up's

Edited by - slippert on 03/01/2012 12:33:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nate Wiltsie

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  7:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nate Wiltsie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You guys! Your input is very much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  8:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is this a CE or RE? If it is a CE check the ignition relay connector pins for being loose (spread).

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

districtU46

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  06:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'd would start by checking the connections and fuse holders in the battery box that feed the ECM and IDM," wouldn't the bus throw a code if it was lacking power to the main computers? like ecm relay voltage low, idm relay voltage low or unexpected reset fault?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000