Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 T444E starter hung up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  2:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else on here had much trouble with starters staying engaged? I've had two buses, a 1995 and a 1997 model with T444E engines that we have had to rewire the ignition to prevent this problem.

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  03:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my 1995's there was a separate starter relay over by the steering column wire tied to a harness. Check that. Later, they put a different style starter relay and crank inhibit relay up above the engine on the firewall.
Go to Top of Page

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  05:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had this problem one time when my batteries were low. Replaced the batteries worked fine.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  5:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've done it all but if you hook up the batteries the "start" wire on the starter is always hot. Ran new wire with a starter button and no problems yet. I was just curious if this was a common thing. Mt older buses with 7.3Ls and DTs dont give this problem.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000