New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  09:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing some research on other web sites and forums and it seems there are also other problems that can cause fuel dilution on 6.4 fords AKA maxxforce 7. It seems leaks can develop in the high pressure fuel system especially by the injectors which can be seen by running without the valve covers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zTzudRZ7I8
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Several of our fuel diluters have the front main seals leaking .
Go to Top of Page

krisackermann

7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  4:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit krisackermann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have about 7 busses in our fleet that have the maxforce 7's. everyone of them have djluted the oil with fuel. international says there is a recall on them and they came to our yard and performed it. also be carefull i was doing park regen threw service max and had one of the engines run auway on me. and our other yards have had them run away on them too..
Go to Top of Page

Mechanic1

2 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  6:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mechanic1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AFC 12948 MAXXFORCE 7 ECM CALIBRATION AND DOC CLEANING is the fix for fuel in oil issue on maxx7 2007 emission engines.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  05:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give it time before you say it is "the fix." This is a problem which keeps mutating and coming back (at least in the 6 cyl)
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  10:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^That's not me by the way....^^

AFC G-12948 hasn't been out long enough to know in my fleet. I've been through so many of these with no success that to say I'm skeptical would be an understatement. I agree on the I-6's Bass; nothing's worked so far....

Edited by - Mechan1c on 01/31/2013 10:57:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  7:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just my two cents on all this....... The thing that plugs these DPFs is ash. The carbon(soot) burns off. Ash cannot burn off. It's there until you clean it out.
Well, ash is the product of the combustion of engine oil. With extended oil changes the oil additives wear out and the engine starts burning more oil. I do my buses at 5K and there's almost no oil consumption between services and I've had no DPF issues
It's all about the oil changes guys.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  08:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBTMech

Just my two cents on all this....... The thing that plugs these DPFs is ash. The carbon(soot) burns off. Ash cannot burn off. It's there until you clean it out.
Well, ash is the product of the combustion of engine oil. With extended oil changes the oil additives wear out and the engine starts burning more oil. I do my buses at 5K and there's almost no oil consumption between services and I've had no DPF issues
It's all about the oil changes guys.

how can you tell if you burn oil with a M7? They make so much oil its impossible to know. we change ours @ 4500-6000 miles and put crazy amounts of fuel in oil. So how is the oil growth now after AFC 12948 MAXXFORCE 7 ECM CALIBRATION AND DOC CLEANING?

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

jlukens

1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  2:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlukens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have a 2009 ic lift bus that we were having the issue of gaining oil about 2 quarts in 10 miles found the tube from the rail to the injector to have a small crack in it. Could see by running bus with valve cover off . Could not make enough pressure with air and submerging tube in water to see the leak. But with the high fuel pressure to the injector it was spraying out of tube. Hope th einfo helps someone out we did lots of checks before we pulled the cover and found the problem
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000