Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

We thought you might be interested to read SBF Publisher Frank Di Giacomo's column from our October 2011 issue on video surveillance cameras inside school buses:

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Management-Training/Articles/2011/10/An-extra-eye-in-the-bus.aspx

Sincerely,
Kelly Roher
SBF Managing Editor

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My camera was my best friend on the school bus. Was with me over a decade and half after suing some parents that attacked my character and damaged my relationship with my employer. Had a camera been installed the suit and all the years of grief involved for everyone may have been avoided. Every bus in our fleet is now equipped with a working camera, a budget strain that had too happen after I won the largest school bus driver civil suit settlement in my state at that time.

Would be done with my comment, except must address in the article using the camera to charge the bus driver with felony child neglect, for not breaking-up a fight. More about that in the comments area of this thread's article: Click here for link to story. (jk)

New Blog: The School Bus - Click here for blog.

Edited by - JK on 10/06/2011 12:21:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a most recent story where bus driver felony child neglect might actually apply. Video captured from a school bus surveillance camera appears to show an adult woman kicking and hitting a young boy. Attorneys say the women is Mary Alice Evans, a former Bedford County teacher's aide. The child is Timothy Kilpatrick, an autistic boy.

Bedford family alleges abuse of autistic child in $20 million lawsuit

Oct 6 2011, WTVR CBS 6 NEWS
BEDFORD, Va. — According to the lawsuit, a 14-year-old autistic boy was attacked on his school bus by people who were supposed to protect him. (jk)

Click here for story. | Click here for bus video.

Report: 2010 school bus related deaths - Updated 10-05-2011
A useful document when wanting a quick reference to deaths while discussing bus stop safety and when looking at updating school bus safety policies. Click here for pdf download. Updated, October 2011.

Edited by - JK on 10/07/2011 11:24:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000