Broward Bus Workers Reassigned After Child Left
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  9:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Broward Bus Workers Reassigned After Child Left On Bus

May 24, 2011
CBS MIAMI

PEMBROKE PINES (CBS4) – A Broward County bus driver and bus aide accused of leaving a 6 year-old autistic child on a school bus for roughly six hours have been reassigned to other duties pending the outcome of the investigation by the Special Investigative Unit.

The Dania Beach kindergarten student, Aiden, was found on his bus Monday afternoon hours after he was supposedly dropped off at school.

Reached Tuesday by CBS 4 News, Aiden’s mother Sofia says she is reluctant to put him on a school bus again and is considering whether or not he will complete the school year at Dania Elementary.

She says Aiden has attended the school for three months.

Click here for source.

Stop Violence on the school buses!
Stop bullying and other violence - Complete with excellent video! According to the American Public Health Association, the school bus is the second most common place for bullying to occur (the first is on the playground). This Fast Track slide presentation can help stop bullying on the school buses. Includes class handouts. Free to use in self-study, for class training, and for presentation to the school board. Click Here for Link (See Post # 14)

Stopping Violence on School Buses: Not an Easy Task but One that Can be Accomplished - Click here for source.

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  01:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I should send my friend down there. He left a regular ed. kid on the bus for 10 minutes between runs at a bus compound and was terminated.
Go to Top of Page

WallyG
Advanced Member

United States
255 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  04:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope they do the right thing after the investigation. You think a kid on the bus in a yard for 10min is OK - I don't, termination is a light punishment.
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  12:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Myself included do not think it is OK. How some come to some other conclusion, especially those that hire drivers fired at other facilities but sack their own helps reveal the politics mentality involved with this issue. This issue may be a serious procedural and political error, and a mistake that I did not make during my 20-some years driving school buses. And no doubt ought be obvious by now that I would not somehow consider myself better than most the school bus drivers that have left a sleeping child, some 5,000 sleepers left on our nation's school buses every year. Although retired my employer is not done with me yet -- looking at several options for half-time work next year in the training specialties with this employer and making some paid presentations at a local college. Retiring for me is just more time to do what I like doing most, helping keep kids safe, as well as doing whatever I can to help ease hostile workplace environments. Some don't like my positions on some things, some do. I'm happy with it and find no logic that would support acting otherwise concerning this issue. (jk)

Stop Violence on the school buses!
Stop bullying and other violence - Complete with excellent video! According to the American Public Health Association, the school bus is the second most common place for bullying to occur (the first is on the playground). This Fast Track slide presentation can help stop bullying on the school buses. Includes class handouts. Free to use in self-study, for class training, and for presentation to the school board. Click Here for Link (See Post # 14)

Stopping Violence on School Buses: Not an Easy Task but One that Can be Accomplished - Click here for source.

Edited by - JK on 05/27/2011 12:44:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000