Alaska: boy kicked by moose after leaving sch. bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  12:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anchorage boy kicked by moose after leaving school bus

A 6-year-old boy suffered a head injury after being charged by a moose as he got off the school bus on the Anchorage Hillside on Monday afternoon, Anchorage police said.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/03/15/1757303/boy-6-kicked-by-moose-after-leaving.html#ixzz1Gn564KVR

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats...interesting.

Would First Student blame the driver for this?
Go to Top of Page

busmaster

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  2:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  10:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Thats...interesting.

Would First Student blame the driver for this?

Well of course First Student would blame the driver. She obviously didn't check her mirrors for oncoming/nearby moose.
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  02:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, FS will have a company-wide policy by the end of the week. I've never seen a moose here in CT, but I'm sure we will be told that if we don't do an extra mirror check for them, we'll be fired.
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by busmaster

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

lol thanks
Go to Top of Page

twinkiebusdriver

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  07:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All joking aside moose are huge creatures that I wouldn't want to mess with!

Formerly mlkdrives41
Go to Top of Page

emilybusgirl

9 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  09:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit emilybusgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good lord... That is a bizarre story! I read the news article, and if you haven't, it says that the moose was agitated by a large barking dog that was loose in the area.. So this is a good example of why leash laws are important. If that dog has an owner, the owner should have not let him roam free!
Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Emily...you obviously don't live in Alaska. Dogs are family here. They don't roam...they 'go visiting' :-)
Go to Top of Page

emilybusgirl

9 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit emilybusgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Or in this case, agitate a moose to the point that it lashed out against a 6 yr old boy ;)
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs.. I have a jug (1/4 jack, 3/4 pug, 4/4 adorable), but there is nothing wrong IMO with making sure that dogs are trained well enough not to cause this sort of thing :)
Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"The mother was watching him walk down the road because there was a moose in the area,"

Moose Watch means you meet your child at the stop. Moose wander everywhere, especially this time of year. They are hungry and grumpy.
I've put my bus between a charging moose and a student walking to school.
Moose and bears...we learn to live with them.
Now...if only those bears would stay out of my freezer for their late night snack...
Go to Top of Page

matts4290
Advanced Member

224 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  1:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit matts4290's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatum

First Student would blame the driver. She obviously didn't check her mirrors for oncoming/nearby moose.

I wish there was a like button for this one.

We can't all be conventional!
http://www.youtube.com/user/matts4290
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  1:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why thank you, Matt.
Go to Top of Page

emilybusgirl

9 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  1:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit emilybusgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salaskie

"The mother was watching him walk down the road because there was a moose in the area,"

Moose Watch means you meet your child at the stop. Moose wander everywhere, especially this time of year. They are hungry and grumpy.
I've put my bus between a charging moose and a student walking to school.
Moose and bears...we learn to live with them.
Now...if only those bears would stay out of my freezer for their late night snack...

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard I wish there was a like button for THIS one!
Go to Top of Page

mr.bluebird

United States
44 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  3:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr.bluebird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iam glad that the little boy is ok

YOUR CHILDS SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000