Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 08 maxforce 7 stalling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tippy1

8 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  12:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit tippy1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,we have a maxforce 7 that quits on the route.bus stalls out and can be restarted.came up with ckp codes checked waveform looked good,also heated sensor up to see if it opens.any insights would be great.wiggled harness to no avail.

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  12:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a number of Maxxforce DT (6 cyl). When one of our DT's all of a sudden stalls while it is sitting there idling, it is a bad ICP sensor (located under the valve cover). We don't have any of the 7's. Usually ours give an ICP code when this happens.
Go to Top of Page

eicsbus

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  7:34:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we had one doing the same thing, nocodes ,,driving along would just stall, ended up being the power cables in the batt box,,( ecm or idm fuses with bad connection) very intermittent!!!

I.C. NO FUTURE

formally ,,,,wright11
Go to Top of Page

tippy1

8 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  11:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit tippy1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry for delay,found the power feed wire harness with one terminal that was loose enough to heat up then opened.replaced harness all better
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  12:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the one located in the battery box? I have had this problem this week on one of my DTs. Driver says she hit a bump and it died. She coasted to a stop there were no dash lights and would not crank over. She turn off the key and then right back on and it started right up. There were a few warning lights on, on the dash but ran good. I had her turn it off again and let it sit for a minute and the lights went off when it was restarted. Darn things!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

eicsbus

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  1:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was it the idm or ecm fuse??ours are usually the idm, and if we twist the ato fuse blades were good to go

I.C. NO FUTURE

formally ,,,,wright11
Go to Top of Page

Jim Kimmel

7 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  10:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jim  Kimmel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bassman

We have a number of Maxxforce DT (6 cyl). When one of our DT's all of a sudden stalls while it is sitting there idling, it is a bad ICP sensor (located under the valve cover). We don't have any of the 7's. Usually ours give an ICP code when this happens.

Go to Top of Page

Jim Kimmel

7 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  10:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jim  Kimmel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bassman

tippy1 do you have a vin# on this unit???
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000