New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2004ThomasHDX

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  4:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!

Seems I waited too long to purchase one of the large models of the Thomas HDX school Bus. Schoolbusgifts.com are out...as well as everyone else.

Would someone out there in the forum has a spare they would be willing to sell? I would prefer a white top....and does anyone out there do the customized lettering?

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

Rich

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  4:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I don't want to spoil what you are asking, but sometimes it is the best method to buy from an authorized dealer rather than from someone off the internet that you don't know their selling history. With places like ebay and paypal, you have buyers protection and transactions are an ease. Now I am not sure with someone else on here, but you are taking a risk buying from someone you don't know, and even more sending cash/ checks through the mail if you want to pay using that method.

From what I have heard, schoolbusgifts.com is one of the most reliable places from buying diecast models from. Now I have no experience buying from them, but I have heard from several satisfied customers. School Bus Gifts also does customized lettering if I am correct, and they are probably one of the better people to do that with. Outside of that, you can always letter yourself (though not as good) using Avery clear address labels, printing out on those off your printer and cutting them for size/ scale, however that may not always look the best.

Thanks for your inquiries and if you need any more help please feel free to reply. Have a good day and happy modeling!

Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

2004ThomasHDX

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  5:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jake for your observations....but as I stated in my original post....Schoolbusgifts are SOLD OUT of the models...with no hopes to get more. Thomas is not making them any longer.

I have spent several months watching ebay and a few other sites...no such luck. I do know from lurking here for the last 3 years, that there are many collectors of Diecast buses here...and I figured someone may have an extra that they may be willing to sell.

As to dealing on the intemet...have much experience there..over 10,000 postive feedbacks on ebay selling antiques/collectables since 1996...........and will definately protect myself.

Thanks again for your observations and help.
Rich
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2004ThomasHDX

Thanks Jake for your observations....but as I stated in my original post....Schoolbusgifts are SOLD OUT of the models...with no hopes to get more. Thomas is not making them any longer.

I have spent several months watching ebay and a few other sites...no such luck. I do know from lurking here for the last 3 years, that there are many collectors of Diecast buses here...and I figured someone may have an extra that they may be willing to sell.

As to dealing on the intemet...have much experience there..over 10,000 postive feedbacks on ebay selling antiques/collectables since 1996...........and will definately protect myself.

Thanks again for your observations and help.
Rich

Whoops! I just checked and you are correct - didn't realize that! I would now say eBay would be your best bet. Good luck hunting! There is also a rare Thomas MVP ER model that will show up on eBay every now and then.

Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 for sale on Ebay, not the HDX but older Saf-T-Liner ER

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thomas-Built-Saf-T-Liner-Diecast-School-Bus-/320581803853?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item4aa42a1f4d
Go to Top of Page

2004ThomasHDX

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  6:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up.....will keep my eye on it.

I may have a lead on one from a online retail firm that I can get customized......waiting to hear back from him.

Go to Top of Page

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  11:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact your local Thomas Dealership. Most have diecast buses to give out to customers.
Go to Top of Page

toddconnie

1 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  12:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit toddconnie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Jake

Hi!

I don't want to spoil what you are asking, but sometimes it is the best method to buy from an authorized dealer rather than from someone off the internet that you don't know their selling history. With places like ebay and paypal, you have buyers protection and transactions are an ease. Now I am not sure with someone else on here, but you are taking a risk buying from someone you don't know, and even more sending cash/ checks through the mail if you want to pay using that method.

From what I have heard, schoolbusgifts.com is one of the most reliable places from buying diecast models from. Now I have no experience buying from them, but I have heard from several satisfied customers. School Bus Gifts also does customized lettering if I am correct, and they are probably one of the better people to do that with. Outside of that, you can always letter yourself (though not as good) using Avery clear address labels, printing out on those off your printer and cutting them for size/ scale, however that may not always look the best.

Thanks for your inquiries and if you need any more help please feel free to reply. Have a good day and happy modeling!

Jake

Hi there, i actually have several of these guys in mint condition as i used to work for thomas years ago...
Go to Top of Page

BluebirdFreightliner

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  07:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit BluebirdFreightliner's Homepage  Send BluebirdFreightliner an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, i have two thomas F5-6S in mint condition i might end up selling.....

with Bluebird, ya get alot of bang for your buck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000