Blue Bird Body Number: "WI" Suffix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  08:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
71-passenger 2000 Blue Bird GMC CV200 has "WI" after its normal numerical body number. What would this mean? To my knowledge, this bus has been in service to its Michigan district for all of its life (bought new). There are no signs (ie: retrofitted 8 ways) to suggest this bus was made for Wisconsin specs. The paint is original and features the set-back Blue Bird logo for Michigan and Maryland. All the features on this basic bus are typical of the others in the district. Any ideas?

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  1:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Normally, all Wisconsin buses do have the "WI" stamped by the body number. I believe that is WI state law. Being a 2000 model year, it would not have originally come with all red 8-ways either, as Blue Bird didn't start doing that for WI until 2004-2005. Maybe this was an error on Blue Bird's part. I read somewhere that once in awhile they screw up and stamp the wrong model year or mfg date on the tags. Once again, sir, you will have me pondering this one for awhile...

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  05:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was the bus ordered through a Wisconsin dealership? That may be an explanation as to why they may have screwed up and added the "WI" to the body number.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  05:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bret you're alive! You should have a few emails from me.

It certainly is possible that it came through a Wisconsin dealership. The thought occured to me because none of these buses have Midwest or Holland dealer tags (no dealer tags at all) but since this is the only bus I've seen with the "WI" body number, I sort of ruled that out. However, the numbers on this bus are placed at the extreme edges of the bus, rather than beind centered in the space above the door and last window, so I could see this being a Wisconsin bus with numbers applied by the Wisconsin dealer. Though, Holland Bus Company in Holland, MI doesn't always center the numbers so really I'm still not sure!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000