New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  08:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can the rubbers be replaced in these? I bought new lines and wondered if I could fix the old ones for back-up.

professorwrench

United States
16 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are talking about the square/round sealing rings in the nuts on each end of the steel lines the answer is yes. Call up your international parts guy that is familiar with the engine and he can probably pull a part number out of his head. Tractor shops sometimes have them too.

Do it right the first time or do it over when you don't have time.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  5:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're talking about the steel to rubber to steel lines in the pre-electronic engines, well, they only operate at 15 psi so I suppose they could be cut off and a hose with clamps substituted but I never bothered with them. I stocked the pressure side lines.

If you're talking about what professorwrench describes for the 466e engines, I stock bags of those seals. They fit the turbo oil supply tube also.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  06:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it looks like a square cut rubber. The parts guy couldn't find them so he sold me lines. It's a 2003 466e.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  3:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

Yes it looks like a square cut rubber. The parts guy couldn't find them so he sold me lines. It's a 2003 466e.

You're kidding! You had to buy the entire fuel line? I've replaced dozens of those fuel line rubber seals. If I were at work I'd give you the part #.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use a square cut seal P/N 1812348C1 on the DT-EGR motors. I can't verify it's the same, '06 is my oldest Nav engine.
Go to Top of Page

mrshoolbus2

5 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  05:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrshoolbus2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Title:
I6 Fuel Line Sealing Kit For Fuel Leaks TSI 07 12 06

Applies To:
Engine Family: DT 466 530 DT 466E 530E DT 570 HT 570 DT 530E
Fuel Line Sealing Kit, part number 1878937C91, has been released. The new tube sleeves in this kit replace sleeves on fuel lines to and from the fuel transfer pump.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000