New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  02:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We continue to experience oil dilution in some of our 08 MaxxForce DT buses. I have one at the dealership now with 20% fuel in oil. This bus has previously been fixed (for a while) when the DOC was changed (clogged screen) and later, was fixed again by changing injectors (leaking fuel at the weep holes), but at 70,000 miles, it will dilute to 20% fuel in oil in 3,000 miles. Also, as the oil level rises, the bus smokes excessively (grey smoke). The bus has been reprogrammed 5 different times since it was born. Currently, the bus is at the dealership and tech central wants me to take the bus back and "monitor" it. They have done nothing to fix the cause. My emails pleading for action fall on deaf or indifferent ears so far. Has anyone else made progress on this issue? Sambrutay, how is your fleet of oil diluting MaxxForce 7's doing? Any progress with the IH corporate cluster? This issue may affect my willingness to allow "Enhanced EGR" this year.

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  10:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: Sent long e-mail and copied many IH corporate service and sales personnel and received no response from anyone in 7 calendar days. Our service manager posted to tech central that the customer didn't want bus back until the problem was addressed and our CSE chimed in and ordered some more tests. Due to the dye installed in a previous test (the fuel pump) and since the valve cover was removed, the technician was able to see dye leaking out of the weep holes on 5 of the 6 injectors. Tech Central said to go ahead replace 5 injectors and 5 Injectors are now on critical back order. Maybe we'll get back on the highway soon. It certainly isn't a comprehensive solution to an ongoing problem but at least sumbody did sumpthin!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000