news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  08:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clarksville Leaf Chronicle, TN - October 28, 2008
LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
BY LORIE GIBBS

There has been a lot of negative news about bus drivers lately. I have been a bus driver now for 15 months, and I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of people who do not understand the job.

Imagine for a moment you are driving your car with your two children. Now extend that car some 35-45 feet and add another 76 children.

Now you are driving this precious cargo, all the while trying to maintain control of them and keeping them safe on the bus. You are also trying to fight the traffic that wants to get around you at almost any cost.

Many say we need seat belts. I, for one, do not want to try and get 78 children off a 50-foot bus who are unable to get out of their seat belts. Can you imagine the chaos.

Now, some say we need aides on all buses. This is an awesome idea, but please tell me how our county can pay for this?

Well, I have an idea. How about, first of all, pray for your child's bus driver. Ask God to keep us safe. Support us and help us teach your children about bus safety.

Parents, please go over bus rules with your children and stress to them how important they are for their safety. (That goes for middle and high school, too.)

Please do not assume that all bus drivers don't care. This is simply not true. We would not continue to do such a publicly criticized job if we did not care about it.

May God help all of our bus drivers to have a safe rest of the school year. And may he put his angels around each of our school buses.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000