School bus stabber may be deported
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  6:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
School bus stabber may be deported

Jul 20 2008
WOOD TV 8 Grand Rapids
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) -- A woman who stabbed a fellow student on a school bus years ago may now be deported to the U.K.

The stabbing happened back in February 2004.

That's when 20-year-old Alexandra Riel was just 15 -- and also when she stabbed a 12-year-old girl seven times with a steak knife on a Gull Lake Community School bus. The victim did survive.

She was charged as an adult with felony assault but was sentenced as a juvenile.

She was made a ward of the court and was ordered to undergo mental health treatment.

On Friday in Kalamazoo County Circuit Court she was removed from state custody and detained under an order from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Riel is still a citizen of the United Kingdom.

She will be detained pending an investigation.

Click Here for source

School bus driver survey
Project MC-21: Special Safety Concerns of School Bus Drivers Click Here for story

Free customizable brochure (MS Word template) that can be reproduced and given to parents - "The seven highly effective steps to keeping your child safe" - Click Here for Link

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Post Check, Hostage Takeover, Bus Fire, Danger Zones and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  6:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Related forum topic:

Girl, 12, stabbed 7 times on school bus

Go to Top of Page

gillette85

1 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  11:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit gillette85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To all of you who have posted on this subject. I am Alex's Mum. Unbeknownst to me, Alex had been abused by an older woman back in the UK, and introduced to self-harming and satan. To the lady who questioned 'where were her parents' I can only state, I have no idea. I had no clue what was going on, I knew of the self-harming and Alex and I were in therapy together to try and understand it all. The response of the victim's family, was to sue the school for financial gain. All that having been said, I would like you to know that the bus driver very kindly sent me a card and wished me to know that there were two victims that day. Please also be aware that the bus service were the people who advised me of the incident. Not the police. not the school.
Alex, is now 24 and living in the UK, she has successfully completed her college course in Fine Arts and is doing well. I would like to thank the American Public Mental Health System, the Bus Driver and the others who were involved in her rehabilitation to 'normal' life. She will never be normal, but she is not a danger to others or herself and I consider that a great acheivement. All of those that have commented, please be aware that you have a wonderful country in the USA and be very proud of all that you have acheived. The generosity of spirit and big-heartedness that I witnessed during those 5 years that I lost with Alex and the great friends I have made over here since then proves to me that wherever God is, he does look out for you. He doesn't allow things to happen, we do. Parenting does not come with a detailed reference book, not even an idiot's guide. We do what we think is right at the time. I got it very wrong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000