Enter Forum: General Interest
 A ton of Blue Bird parts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

awilkum

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  1:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit awilkum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a ton of Blue Bird parts for next to nothing. Anybody know of a good avenue to get rid of them? I work for a company that was a BB dealership for 50+ years and we've recently switched over to Thomas Built. The problem is we've got a ton of BB parts with no home! Most of them we have written off and and will sell for them for whatever we can get. It just kills me to throw them away, they've got to have some value.

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you have a printout/list, could you post it? Someone here may see something they want/nned.
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  11:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I bet you could easily sell off all or a certian portion(say aare parts)to a large school district. Send out a basic e-mail bulliton to your old costomers and i'm sure you'll get a biter.

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Go to Top of Page

misterbill
Advanced Member

United States
306 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a bunch of old birds over here, I'll try to remember to tell someone about the parts. Trouble is, it seems as though these old birds don't break down much. I shall say no more(the SB company I work for owns an 'IC' dealership).

High School Friend-"Hey! How are you! Well, I guess you can't be doing too well, you're driving a school bus."

Edited by - misterbill on 02/23/2008 09:45:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

MYNAVION

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit MYNAVION's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by awilkum

I have a ton of Blue Bird parts for next to nothing. Anybody know of a good avenue to get rid of them? I work for a company that was a BB dealership for 50+ years and we've recently switched over to Thomas Built. The problem is we've got a ton of BB parts with no home! Most of them we have written off and and will sell for them for whatever we can get. It just kills me to throw them away, they've got to have some value.

Go to Top of Page

MYNAVION

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit MYNAVION's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I own an older Bluebird Wanderlodge and only one of many owners/fanatics of the older Wanderldoges. Many of the parts are the same and if you don't mind posting your offer to www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com I think that you may have good success in off loading some of your inventory. For example things such as the front parking light assemblies on the late 70's through mid 80's are no longer available through BB and its just an inventory such as yours that may have what many of us need.....
Go to Top of Page

jyclegg

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  3:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are you located?

I am looking for 2 alternators.
Go to Top of Page

CRR

United States
45 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CRR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dude, what kind of parts do you have??? This guy placed this same add in 2 places, but has not replied to any other posts. I would like to find out about these parts as well. We have a big need for several parts - a starter, alternator, mirror supports, throttle cable and a few other that I cannot remember.

"Who is Cosmic Railroad and why do they keep following me?"
Go to Top of Page

John M. Keigher
Advanced Member

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  3:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit John M. Keigher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can contact Midwest Transit Equipment, Inc. Parts Department toll free 800-808-2412
Go to Top of Page

BBInt.10
Top Member

USA
1042 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  3:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit BBInt.10's Homepage  Send BBInt.10 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you have any body parts? I'm looking for a new metal panel for the interior of one of my Blue Bird conventionals with standard headroom... the piece that goes above the windshield on the inside front, up to the ceiling.

If all your problems are behind you... you must be a school bus driver.
Go to Top of Page

John M. Keigher
Advanced Member

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  10:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit John M. Keigher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have the Body # of the bus. You can either e-mail it to info@midwesttransit.com or call our parts toll free hotline at 800-808-2412. We stock parts for all makes and models of vehicles.

quote:
Originally posted by BBInt.10

Do you have any body parts? I'm looking for a new metal panel for the interior of one of my Blue Bird conventionals with standard headroom... the piece that goes above the windshield on the inside front, up to the ceiling.

Go to Top of Page

CRR

United States
45 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  12:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit CRR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info John. I have been working with Mike over there for some Mirror supports. We have not been able to identify mine yet, but we are working on it. Mine must have been changed out because they are not as the original diagram shows them. Mike has been a big help on this.

"Who is Cosmic Railroad and why do they keep following me?"
Go to Top of Page

John M. Keigher
Advanced Member

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  8:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit John M. Keigher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are more than welcome. We are here to assist you in anyway we can.

Our expert parts team are on hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Contact Midwest Transit Equipment today for all of your bus parts needs!

Please contact one of the following locations to place your parts order:

Kankakee, IL

Parts: (800) 808-2412
Parts Fax: (815) 933-9325

Parts Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Central)
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Central)

South Holland, IL

Parts: (877) 813-5970
Parts Fax: (708) 596-7407

Parts Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)

Swansea, IL

Parts: (866) 366-7173
Fax: (618) 236-3840

Parts Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)

Indianapolis, IN

Parts: (866) 466-1287
Parts Fax: (317) 769-2548

Parts Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)

Eaton Rapids, MI

Parts: (866) 487-9782
Parts Fax: (517) 663-6539

Parts Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)

You can also e-mail your parts questions and/or orders to info@midwesttransit.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000