New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  2:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Assistant Coordinator here will take over all duties in June. Outgoing Coordinator not trained on this system, will begin learning EdulogNT. Would like to hear from anyone here in Ohio with experience on this system. My e-mail is in my profile.

Thanks...Ray

Bluebird62
Top Member

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  8:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rule #1: DO NOT LET IT GET TO YOU!!!

Edulog is a very complex program and you will not learn it over night. You're probably going to hate it, curse at it, and want to smash your computer the first few days. It takes a lot of time to fully understand what it's capable of doing and hopefully you have a mentor that can show it to you. If not, they're tech support is very good for the most part.

Once you learn it and understand the ins and outs, you are going to love it. It can do so many things that you wouldn't think a computer can do, if you have the right modules.

I used it for two years and really got the hang of it and had a lot of fun. I love doing the "what-if" scenerios with it. The reports are really good and can give you anything you want to know about your routes. The map is ok, just make sure that it's accurate or you'll have nightmares, but that's with any routing software.

Unfortunately when I switched districts, we didn't need anything that powerful, so I went with a different one due to price. I still assist two neighboring districts and get to use it now and again.
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck- most districts here have switched to a better competitor product about 5 years ago. Some switched as little as a year ago due to the extra time it takes to use the program and broken promises by Edulog years ago. Their support- waiting up to a day for a call back is uncalled for.

I wish you the best of luck.
With any system, it takes a full two years to learn the program inside and out.
Go to Top of Page

BLUEHI

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  11:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with a private school and looking for a Student Transportation System that can be later upgraded to include field trips and RFID student tracking.

Presently we are entering info into SASI then exporting to MS Excel. What are the good and bad with these software?
Go to Top of Page

Bluebird62
Top Member

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  11:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHI

I'm with a private school and looking for a Student Transportation System that can be later upgraded to include field trips and RFID student tracking.

Presently we are entering info into SASI then exporting to MS Excel. What are the good and bad with these software?

Try Lynx by Rytebyte Technology... It is an outstanding program with a competitive price tag! I've had it for about three weeks now and love it. It's not a complex program but if you're looking for a way to track your students, drivers, trips, and fleet data it's excellent!
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  3:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluebird62

I would suggest VersaTrans Solutions entire suite of products. They do not require you to buy everything all at once. In fact, you can buy one product at a time if that's financially all you can do.

Their routing and planning module is a diamond in the rough. It is simple, easy to use, and the product pays for itself in a few years.
I have worked with just about every product out there and no product compares to their line of modules.

I am using their fleet module, field trip module, and online look up. Hands down, by far the easiest to use.

Side note- some competitors may be cheaper in price but look deep to see what you get. Again, hands down- for the support, product design and innovation, and enhancements VersaTrans is the way to go.
Go to Top of Page

Bluebird62
Top Member

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  05:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPCSC_TD

Bluebird62

I would suggest VersaTrans Solutions entire suite of products. They do not require you to buy everything all at once. In fact, you can buy one product at a time if that's financially all you can do.

Their routing and planning module is a diamond in the rough. It is simple, easy to use, and the product pays for itself in a few years.
I have worked with just about every product out there and no product compares to their line of modules.

I am using their fleet module, field trip module, and online look up. Hands down, by far the easiest to use.

Side note- some competitors may be cheaper in price but look deep to see what you get. Again, hands down- for the support, product design and innovation, and enhancements VersaTrans is the way to go.

Sorry... not a big Versa Trans fan. Too $$$!
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluebird62- you get what you pay for. Remember, when you factor liability, risk factor, human resource management, and quality, it's the cheapest module by variable.

Of course, I imagine you could save some money and do it by hand but if you are looking for a quality product with innovative features that will meet the demands of our changing education system, stick with a company with a reputable product.

Go to Top of Page

BLUEHI

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  2:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, VersaTrans is one of the companies I am reviewing.
Go to Top of Page

Starbus

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  3:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also looking at Versatrans,
I'm kinda curious what price they give you on what product?
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  10:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Price wise it's going to be base don your square mileage, number of students, and unique programs. Also consider time of year- market drives everything.

They recently merged with Tyler Technologies so you would be going with one of the strongest systems out there. This recent merger will bring a whole new set of modules down the road. Look ina coupld of years to see innovative features only available form them!
Go to Top of Page

BLUEHI

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  7:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What can you tell me about Transfinder and Trapeze? How do they compare with Edulog and Versatrans?
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  06:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluehi
I have reviewed all three and believe as far as supprot, product comparisson, and from a business purachsing position, VersaTrans is the way to go.

VersaTrans has modules that neither Transfinder or Trapeze has. Trapeze has a low number of clientle. If you need local support- live help it is not going to happen. The same for Trapeze. With VersaTrans, they have users in every state. We are all here to help each other.

The business structure of VersaTrans and their recent merger is only going to offer additional modules that no compeititors will be able to offer.

Bottom line ina nut shell- VersaTrans is by far the easitest product to use. Less time is spent with their product

No matter what program you go with, time will be required for initial set-up- so there is some patience required up front. The hard work put in at the beginning pays off at the end.
Go to Top of Page

RodSams

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  06:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a look at trapeze.
http://www.trapezegroup.com/nahome.php
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  4:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a used manual for Edulog in .pdf or.doc? I'm interviewing on Friday for a position that requires knowledge of the program. It's been a while since I've used it - about 4 years - and then only on a very limited basis.

Thanks in advance!

(PS My husband is interviewing for a dispatcher position later this month, and he'd like to see it too.)
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  2:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email me, my info is in my profile. I'll send you a link to a document site...I DO NOT want to post the link here. I'm not 100% sure if it will work or not as I access the link at work where I have Edulog on my computer. Ray
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  07:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, my interview went very well, with NO questions about edulog. There are 50 other interviwees, so I'm not anticipating a job offer as there were a few folks more qualified than me. I was confident though, and now even more of management knows my name and face (in a good way!).

Thanks again for being willing to help, and I hope you have been enjoying your Transportation Director position since June?

-Sam
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a free or low cost trial version or beta version of edulog available for download anywhere?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000