Cool find!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  9:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zewalt/1245511699/

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  9:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. Looks like we need Ted Pelky to come in here and identify it. At first I thought it was a Pacific School Coach bus, but it appears to be a different style. Looks like a Washington plate, and an IH badge on the front.

Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  03:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its a 1950s International Metro. (A step van iteration - old International literature promoted this bus quite often)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/

Edited by - Jared on 10/22/2007 03:41:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  08:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just love the "crossview" mirror that is on that bus, that's what the conventionals around here had in the 1950's, in the 1960's they put a single mirror out in front of the cowl, then in the late 60's early 70's they switched to the 4 individual mirrors on the front.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  4:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

quote:
Originally posted by thomas86_a

I just love the "crossview" mirror that is on that bus, that's what the conventionals around here had in the 1950's, in the 1960's they put a single mirror out in front of the cowl, then in the late 60's early 70's they switched to the 4 individual mirrors on the front.

I have seen a couple of late 2000's buses with the regular mirrors with an extra one like that on the holder.

http://www.schoolbusenthusiast.com/bb_gmc_1995_buscrazy_december.html

Those were common among 94 and 95 bluebirds. I think they all had them unless you took them off. I never realy saw the use of them. Just about everything you could see in the you could see in a crosswiew.

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a very interesting bus! Thanks for sharing. I noticed it on flickr the other day. I seem to have missed seeing this topic about it, lol. Thanks for the information, Jared. Very rare and neat.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  8:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 1994/1995 for some reason the mirrors looking across the bus I believe were required by the feds. Not sure what the reasoning was, they aren't THAT effective, I'd much rather have a good set of rear views than those two convexs looking across.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000