Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  4:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar Fe

Those all look great! if IC only had made the FE with Kodies grill, a rectangular window, and newer headlights...THAT would be a cool photoshop.

I agree. That would be a very nice look

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  5:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your wish is my command.

Go to Top of Page

93CarpFord#11
Top Member

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  5:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 93CarpFord#11's Homepage  Send 93CarpFord#11 an AOL message  Click to see 93CarpFord#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 93CarpFord#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I first saw the new design I thought it was ugly but now it's not as ugly. I like Kodie's photoshop of it.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  10:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
kodie left out the bottom part of the grille and took some grille away from the top section. thats probably why you like it more. It does look a lot better.

Bring back the "backing" sign!
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  12:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not enough airflow for the new engine with your design. IC did extensive testing of airflow for these new engines, so clearly what they have in the new product is what they have determined to be most efficient.

It sounds like we'll only have to live with this new FE for 2-3 years. Once 2010 rolls around, everybody will probably have a much nicer transit line!

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  06:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That FE looks great, Kodie. It is a lot better than the real versin.

Go to Top of Page

Nick
Advanced Member

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Nick an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich

Not enough airflow for the new engine with your design. IC did extensive testing of airflow for these new engines, so clearly what they have in the new product is what they have determined to be most efficient.

It sounds like we'll only have to live with this new FE for 2-3 years. Once 2010 rolls around, everybody will probably have a much nicer transit line!

I thought we were supposed to have a new FE with a flat floor, no doghouse, and a Cat C7 sometime soon? That I want to see. Maybe this is just a stopgap.

IC the future, and it is bright.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think thats the 09 that will have that.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  5:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go, folks:

http://www.schoolbuscentral.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30&listing=352&listingmode=detail

Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  5:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are the right heat control knobs an option or is that a new design?

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  5:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do they still use that dated wheel and gauge cluster? I saw that bus the other day and think that just ruins the whole drivers area. Would look so much better with the newer designs.
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  6:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC Kodie

Is it just me or did the doghouse get bigger????

It is a lot wider
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  6:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC still uses an antiquated chassis design, they do not utilize a "drop-frame" design like Blue Bird and Thomas have been using for years. The "drop-frame" chassis allows the engine to be further down on the frame, allowing for a much smaller doghouse, and easier servicing.

Perhaps one of these days they'll fully redesign the FE, but for now we'll have to deal with the terrible grille, and almost inaccessible driver's area.

Go to Top of Page

jjf221fe
Advanced Member

United States
275 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  6:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jjf221fe's Homepage  Send jjf221fe an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... IC Kodie, your new IC-FE design now reminds me of a pre-2007 Thomas EF. Still, nice job.

What is this "Hydraulic Brakes" nonsense you speak of?
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see them use something new and creative on the front more than the straight across grill. Or they could try to use some design off their Coach Line of the IC-FE.

IC-The Golden Shield of School Transportation
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  7:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  8:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
looks like a bee lol
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  9:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back to the Basics:

It looks pretty good too!

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  1:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Back to the Basics:

It looks pretty good too!

-Jake

That wins my vote!

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  4:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WARD!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  7:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

Plus, that IC Senator is not that great.

You've never even rode a Ward Senator; prolly never even SEEN a Senator in person. Never talk to the master of Senators and tell him that the Senator is not that great! That is a BIG no-no.

(Just kidding - I love to give people a hard time)

But seriously; I do think the new IC-FE would look good with the Senator grill. Thats my opinion; I am sure many people despise the grill for looking so much like a S Series International's grill. I think it looks good IMHO.

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!

Edited by - Jake on 08/08/2007 7:14:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alex403

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  5:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBlueBird83

Looks like a EFX!

IC Bus.. The company that makes Thomas Built fan hide in shame. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000