Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My most recent paint model. Obviously its a C2. I only did one side, but in three different versions.

Edited by - Kodie on 12/10/2008 4:50:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  5:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, great job drawing those C2s! I never was able to perfect Paint that well.

Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  5:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Neither did I,look at the design done by me not using Sketchup,Ill quote it in the next post.
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  5:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ICrider

My attempt:(mark this,needs a TON of work)

-

That is my first and only Paint attempt,my Google SketchUp version is a lot better.Will quote the 3D Google version next.
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  5:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

This 1 used SketchUp:

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice job Kodie! I'll have to post mine someday that Dave and I made.

quote:

Neither did I,look at the design done by me not using Sketchup,Ill quote it in the next post.

Thank you for quoting that. I obviously didn't see them posted before Kodie posted his...
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  7:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kodie, I am speechless...for several reasons.
1. THAT IS SPECTACULAR
2. Thats a Thomas, which you hate, and above that, a C2!
3. THAT IS AMAZING!!!

I just can't get over it! I would go on and on about i, but dinner is ready, and I feel I have made my point.

Still though...how did you learn to draw like that? And how long did it take you?

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the compliments :)

Sam you crack me up! That drawing took me about 45 minutes. I just look at tons of pictures and use reference points on the bus to make everything to scale.

Generally I start with the tires and then look at an actual picture and say "ok.. so the bumper is about 1/2 of the tire height" so then I make a bumper half the tire height. And from there I reference off of other things as I go.

Edited by - Kodie on 12/10/2008 9:35:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And here is one with both sides of the bus, and the rear. I'll tackle the front another day. I'm not too pleased with how the warning light area came out on this bus.

Direct Link: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w209/kshamrock12/C21-1.jpg
Click the direct link for a nicer image.

Edited by - Kodie on 12/11/2008 4:07:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  4:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cool
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  5:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks really nice Kodie!
I will have to try your strategy...I always start with the body, and then the wheels are either way over or undersized etc. It would still take me alot longer to do that good of a drawing though...especially a conventional!
ICrider: My first paint buses were awful! I couldn't figure out how to do anything! Then we went over the tools a little in my computer class at school, and I figured it out.
I suggest that instead of free-drawing alot of it, you use the rectangle, circle tool etc. Also, make use of the copy and paste tool. I am awful at sketchup...but I haven't put much time into it.

I have some designs that I did a year ago and never posted. If I get around to it, I will finish and upload them this weekend.

EDIT: Thats wierd...it posted it twice! I will delete the second post.

Edited by - Lifestar Fe on 12/11/2008 5:25:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  12:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sam,you know me as 09ICCE200,Administrator of Tri-State Transportation RP and driver of bus 10401 on ARROW.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  2:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sam,you know me as 09ICCE200,Administrator of Tri-State Transportation RP and driver of bus 10401 on ARROW.

Or short.. icrider.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  5:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know, it is just to hard for me to remember everyones name...and be sure I am right. I knew who you were, I just couldnt remember your username or name, so I put the one you use here. That way other people know who I was talking to also.

Anyway, got one of the buses uploaded.
It is based off of a transit bus. It also has some European styling...as you can tell by the name and the second version!

I couldnt get it to upload the other one...I will try again later.

Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  04:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Weird,but a nice design.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know it is a bit weird...but if it isn't then it is normal, and then it is just a drawing of a bus, not really a concept, lol.
Anyway, I designed that with the Gillig Phantom school bus in mind and I though "What would a schoolbus based off of a transit bus look like today?" and I came up with that. The doubledecker was just for fun.
Anyway, I finally got my other design to upload. It is "weird" too but I like it. It is s RE, with a rear exit door, and a bit of a coach-like look. It also has European styling on the front end.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  1:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting Sam, nice design.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  5:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kodie! I know it is a bit odd, but like I said, if it wasnt, then it would be boring...at least to me, lol.
Anyway, to show you guys that I am not crazy, here is an All American that I did...well, not from scratch, but I modified it from a conventional. I forget if I have posted it here before...if I have, forgive me.

Also, here is a Gillig I did...

I did all of those awhile ago, so I may have forgotten if I already posted them!

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  5:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New All American FE. I'll get around to the sides another time. I'm not sure if it's the upload to photobucket, or paint, but a lot of the lines that were visible, are no longer visible.

Here is the update to the rear of that C2 I did, I guess I never posted it here.

Edited by - Kodie on 03/25/2009 5:18:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been awhile:

Go to Top of Page

DadeCountybus

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  3:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a Florida spec'd Type C bus, Based on the Blue bird vision.

Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  11:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar Fe
Also, here is a Gillig I did...

I did all of those awhile ago, so I may have forgotten if I already posted them!

How in the hell did I end up missing this?! This is fantastic work. :)

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  6:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been awhile, but here's two more. The vision was finished today, the G5 yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

thomasc2

United States
93 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomasc2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, those look really good.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  3:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'm glad someone finally replied! lol
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  9:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The reason people don't reply is because the drawings are so good it leaves them speechless!

(I'm serious...I don't quite know what to day; your buses are so realistic and so good!)

The reason I don't reply here is 'cause I see it on ARROW...

Thanks Steven! SOmehow I missed your comment!
I based that drawing off of the El Dorado 636D already on your site. I have since found out that that drawing isn't accurate though (#28 is actually an 855).

Go to Top of Page

Alex403

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  5:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kodie

I know I will post something tomorrow

Sorry to bump, but can I see this bus?

IC Bus.. The company that makes Thomas Built fan hide in shame. :)
Go to Top of Page

CASTransportation

5 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CASTransportation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's my design based on a Matchbox:

http://michaelokeefe1991.deviantart.com/#/art/Matchbox-School-Bus-Design-299123950?hf=1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000