Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  7:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I modified the driver area, and eliminated that overhead control panel. The driver area still needs work.

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  8:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice IC! Here is my design. Sorry it is a bit blurry. It is based on a Freightliner Chassis, and has some HDX aspects to it.

Edited by - Lifestar Fe on 11/12/2007 12:17:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  11:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is just a front to a concept IC FE. More to come.

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  12:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here is another design that I have ben working on for awhile. It looks something like an old Microcirt, but is different in alot of ways. The bus is a handicap bus, but has no lift. The stepwell folds flat and a ramp extends out the bottom for this to be possible. The attendants seat can swivel around to have better view of the students, and there is a mirror system for the driver to see the door better.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  04:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have come up with something new, or what I believe to be new. This is an RE school bus but there is a grille in the front of the bus for the air to flow to the back... how you ask? through a series of ducts. Your comments are appreciated, its out there but I like it. The 3D view is as done as its going to get. Obviously the right side would have seats and the other air intake cover. The front of it is sorta C2ish unfortunately. The 3D and other view are slightly different behind the rear seat, I made them days apart and didnt realize until a minute ago. I must have cut off the end of the bottom image. It is suppose to have radiator on the end, sorry.

Edited by - Kodie on 01/06/2008 04:11:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kodie, instead of PAINT, i'd recommend you to use this.

http://sketchup.google.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  2:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks pretty nice. Very detailed too, alot better than i can do...
Anyway, I like the lower ducts and the idea, but the upper grill seems odd to me. I like the ducts under the seats though.

Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  2:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a good idea, but you'd need a really good system of air filters to keep those ducts clean. It might be better to try a rear engine with a front radiator, just run coolant lines instead of air ducts. That might also help with better heat and defrosting for the driver.

I've never seen it done on an RE, but I've driven a Volvo transit bus that had a mid-mount underfloor engine (like a Crown), but with a front radiator.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus724

I've never seen it done on an RE, but I've driven a Volvo transit bus that had a mid-mount underfloor engine (like a Crown), but with a front radiator.

To add to that, Crown did utilize the forward radiator/mid-mounted engine combination on some of their buses in the 1940s.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  5:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Kodie, instead of PAINT, i'd recommend you to use this.

http://sketchup.google.com/

Thanks Jake, I will give it a try. I wasnt aware Google had that technology.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  9:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I added to my design. I was experimenting. More to come.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  3:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sketching in study hall a few months ago and came up with this. I spilled water on it so it got wrinkled but you get the idea. I messed up the cup holder on the left pretty badly.

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  3:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice! I sketch bus designs all the time, but i wont upload them because they are kind of messy. If I come up with a good idea, then I work on the idea in the computer. I am working on a RE design right now, with a rear exit door. I drew it all out in Spanish, and now I just have to make it in the computer. I should be finished next week.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  4:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I drew it all out in Spanish

Shouldnt you be paying attention?

I look forward to seeing yours. I have more somewhere.. I just have to find them.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  1:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had this done for awhile and just found it. The angle is messed up but I still think it looks good. Its a Blue Bird IHC.

Here is an activity bus version:

Edited by - Kodie on 03/18/2008 4:57:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  10:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love it!! Just got back from my trip, so I should have my bus design finished by Tuesday.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another I have had done but came across in some files:

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  3:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This isnt exactly new but I made this one over the past two days. Its suppose to be a 1979 Wayne Loadstar, CA spec. Its not perfect but Im happy with it.

Edited by - Kodie on 06/25/2008 10:32:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  4:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kodie

This isnt exactly new but I made this one over the past two days. Its suppose to be a 1979 Wayne Loadstar, CA spec. Its not perfect but Im happy with it.

Very nice what program are you using?
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  5:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good ole' paint.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I created another. Its a Thomas Vista. I think the hood sticks out a bit too far but overall I am happy with it.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  1:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you're right I left out some mirrors! Oh well.. I'm too lazy to go back and fix it .. I'll fix it eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  1:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great job!!!!! Both of those are very good.

Go to Top of Page

mr.dave
Advanced Member

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  4:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want a big "fly swatter" for cars parked in bus loops.

Shiny side up, greasy side down
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  5:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That Vista is good! It looks like a VA spec'ed bus since it doesnt have the Thomas logos etc. lol

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
These last few pages are great you guys! I don't have time or patience to sit down and do this stuff anymore. I'm really impressed by that Wayne, Kodie, and your design work in Paint is good too. You obviously pay attention to detail.

Did you base that Wayne off of something you saw? Just curious since I didn't think they had overhead mounted wipers that late in the game.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  10:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Ford 85-16

These last few pages are great you guys! I don't have time or patience to sit down and do this stuff anymore. I'm really impressed by that Wayne, Kodie, and your design work in Paint is good too. You obviously pay attention to detail.

Did you base that Wayne off of something you saw? Just curious since I didn't think they had overhead mounted wipers that late in the game.

Thanks so much for your comments everyone! Thomas-Fod, I looked at a few different Waynes while making it, so it is possible that the wipers are wrong. The lift door and emergency doors were a request made by someone, and I had a picture to go off.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  12:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

The lift door and emergency doors were a request made by someone, and I had a picture to go off.

Looks great Kodie!!!

Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  10:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have come up with something new, or what I believe to be new. This is an RE school bus but there is a grille in the front of the bus for the air to flow to the back... how you ask? through a series of ducts. Your comments are appreciated, its out there but I like it. The 3D view is as done as its going to get. Obviously the right side would have seats and the other air intake cover. The front of it is sorta C2ish unfortunately. The 3D and other view are slightly different behind the rear seat, I made them days apart and didnt realize until a minute ago. I must have cut off the end of the bottom image. It is suppose to have radiator on the end, sorry.

Okay first of all these drawings are great! I was looking at this design and wondering a few things but first..what direction is the air flow going into the radiator?

Bring back the "backing" sign!
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  10:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt put much thought into the mechanics of it but the air would flow from front to rear, starting from the grille on the front of the bus.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  10:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my thought would be why not eliminate the extra ducts and just have airflow from the sides close to the radiator..just a thought

Bring back the "backing" sign!
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  08:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjf221fe

Here's a Front Engine design I made in my spare time:

You'll notice a few details may be missing (mirrors) and I also spaced out where some colors need to be (the flashers). As well, stray marks are present in a few places. I had many many more designs, but I had to reload Windows on my computer and never got a chance to save everything else to a disk. This is all for now.

Holy crap!Thats a heck of an overhang.................I like it!
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  3:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My attempt:(mark this,needs a TON of work

Edited by - ICrider on 12/08/2008 04:22:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  5:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This 1 used SketchUp:

Go to Top of Page

ICrider

United States
127 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  04:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICrider's Homepage  Click to see ICrider's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not my design but some modifications to the roof cap and grille.

And I really like it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000