cost per mile
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joe48186

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone give me an idea of the cost per mile average to run a average age school bus .I know there is wage factors but I just need mechanical.I will adjust for wages and fuel.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  5:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
our fleet of buses (65) averages about .19-.20 a mile that includes fuel and mechanics wages
Go to Top of Page

joe48186

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  02:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you ,
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  11:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Fleet I just figured from our budget now and it should be around .11 Cents a mile no fuel no wages just parts and supplies. We have figured a total and its about 1.19 to1.25 a mile with out any new bus purchases.
I'm sure your going to get alot of different numbers on this Question.
Go to Top of Page

rswboe
Top Member

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We average .25 per mile, parts, labor, maintenance.

Live each like it's going to be your last, one day you'll be right!
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  11:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It appears that all of you are way off mark. There are many hidden costs that need to be factored in. Maintenance costs including fuel, oil, tires and parts should add up to be much higher than you are quoting.
For an accurate cost per mile which includes all costs, take your total transportion budget and divide it by the total combined number of miles driven annually. This should include wages, utilities, overhead, benefits, the works.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  11:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got $2.62 Drivers have huge benefits..

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  3:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The numbers I gave are right off the budget right in front of me .
11 cents a mile with no fuel and no wages
1.19 to 1.25 with fuel drivers everything including my wages also includes taking care of 40 acres of grounds. I guess I should pat myself on the back for good MANAGMENT That was the transportation budget this year so there was no new buses on there as I stated in my first post.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  11:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
BusBoy 1,
Great job, what type of fleet do you operate? How many annual miles do you travel? Do your drivers get medical, dental, prescription, 401K, 4 personal days a year, ten paid holidays, paid sick leave, etc? What about water, sewer, natural gas, cleaning supplies, building maintenance, electric, phone, social security, workmans comp, life insurance, vehicle insurance, building insurance, etc?
Our cost per mile is $2.62 also, including wages and fuel.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000