Enter Forum: Management/Operations
 FAVORITISM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SchoolBusAngel

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  10:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusAngel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Friends,
Could you all give me some examples of favoritism at your company? I myself am ready to call it quits. Thanks my friends.
GC

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  2:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Favoritism can have many forms. Preferential treatment when it comes to the assignment of runs. Skipping over the rotation order to give someone the trip they want. Overlooking the mistakes a person makes where if someone else made the same mistake they would be written up for it. Umm, there are so many I can't think.

There are articles on harassment and bullying and hostile work environment that are very enlightening as to what other people suffer at work as well as information about bosses who bully their workers and treat them in ways no adult should have to endure being treated.

If you have a union go to them and complain. If you have a supervisor let them know how you feel. If they do nothing, keep going. If you work for a school district go to a school board that is what they are there for. They may have no idea what is going on if you don't tell them. If you are a good employee they shouldn't want to lose you if something could be done to remedy the situation. Don't just complain. Have specific examples (preferably in writing) of what happened, who was there, when it happened, and what should have happened.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  12:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prime example...

A certain driver who I shall not name has been allowed to run her bus out of fuel SEVEN times since 2000 with NO penalty.

There ya go!
Go to Top of Page

Tmac0384
Advanced Member

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  2:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tmac0384's Homepage  Send Tmac0384 an AOL message  Send Tmac0384 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HAHA!!!! it's about time a topic like this was started... unfortunately... i will not get into depth with this.
1. it'd be way to long to type
2. i'm sick & my head hurts
3. i'd already ashamed for the embarassment i'd bring to any certain drivers
4. wouldn't it be rude to talk about other people?!? ROFLMAO!

sometimes older is way better than new.

some photos of mine: http://community.webshots.com/user/Bus213
(it's a work in progress... tons of photos to come!)
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Drivers getting skipped over when they are up for a brand new bus, runs, trips and so on

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

Ark

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  06:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusAngel

Hello Friends,
Could you all give me some examples of favoritism at your company? I myself am ready to call it quits. Thanks my friends.
GC

Dont worry about favoritism. Do what you have to do to earn your pay check. If it is that big of a problem to you, go to the supervisor of your yard first. They like that. Save the union complaints as a last resort,unless they are crooks, like the union I have. Dont brown nose, be yourself, and do the right thing. My only interest at work is the saftey of my students. I try not to hang at the yard unless my paycheck is wrong(4 weeks of it now) Eventually it will get fixed!! And the less I know on who cheats the charter sign up, the better for my well being. And it will be better for you also. ARK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000