New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  08:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Florida Manatee county is running it 100% (Bradenton, Fl.) We are going to run it at one of our facilities very soon. If it proves easy to get and live with, we will go to a 20% Bio-Diesel blend, as well.
Joe

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  11:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Joe, I'd be interested in hearing from you how it works out in your climate. It has a tendancy to attract moisture. You are probably well informed on it so no more from me on it for now.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  05:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brad,
Interestingly enough, we just got our fuel bid back and NO bidders for Bio-Diesel, even at our projected quantities. The engines guys (Cummins and IC at least) are recommending 5% blend and we wanted to go with the 20% stuff, because it is more readily available and makes for of an enviormental impact. Manatee district is still running 20% in Brandenton, Florida with no ill effects. Now, we're not certain what the next step will be. If we run it any time in the near future, I'll let you know how it goes.

Joe
Land of the Free, because of the Brave!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000