Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  11:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have been a little bit more precise in my explanation, but Richard basically has it.

If we park our buses on field trips in the "not so greatest" areas and we want to add extra security to make it a little bit harder for anyone to get in (because MA does not allow vandal locks on buses) we keep the door in the open position, (while the bus is off) get out of the bus, go to the side panel, and remove the fuse- when you remove the fuse, the door shuts and the beeping stops.

This way we can at least try to keep our buses a bit safer on some field trips we do in neighborhoods we are unsure of.

We would also use something to keep the back door shut, and obviously make sure we didn't loose the fuse! If we were to park our buses and go to eat or join the group for the field trip.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 10/24/2006 11:32:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  5:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
If we park our buses on field trips in the "not so greatest" areas and we want to add extra security to make it a little bit harder for anyone to get in (because MA does not allow vandal locks on buses) we keep the door in the open position, (while the bus is off) get out of the bus, go to the side panel, and remove the fuse- when you remove the fuse, the door shuts and the beeping stops.

Are you sure MA does not allow vandal locks on buses?

We inherited 13 2002 TC/2000s that were equipped with rear door and entrance door vandal locks. Also, the previous Blue Bird distributor in MA spec'd a lot of his buses with rear door and entrance door vandal locks. Perhaps it's your company's policy not to use them.
Go to Top of Page

schoolbusfan1994

14 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  10:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit schoolbusfan1994's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Between that, the International switched their front and the dashboard between the years of 2000 and 2001. The only thing that is the same about it is the headlights and the front, but the grille they switched over. It doesn't 3800 with T444E or DT466E on it. So they took it of between that time too. The rest of the bus was the same between that time too. It's weird of how they've some switches in their own progress. It must of been brutal work. It use to be the 3800 Chassis series, but then it was the CE-Series right afterwards. That's when they introduced it and started to sell them permanently. But it still remains with the T444E and the DT466E of course. They could of kept the 3800 logo but they didn't which it was weird. I loved it how they changed it. But I didn't know about till I was 15. When I was little, I didn't even look up a single thing on the internet back then. I learned it by now and I now have it in my memories.
Go to Top of Page

schoolbusfan1994

14 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  7:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolbusfan1994's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The reasons the International School Buses have gone way up with their prices is because of competition, government budgeting, makes their own instead of partening up, more features, and the things that they were made out of, have gone way up too. Ever since 2005, prices have gone too far. So that's why, most school districts and school bus operated companies started to buy way cheaper buses because of Internationals have gone up too high. They statrted to buy Blue-Birds, and Thomas Freightliners. Also one more reason is because the economy is bad, so that;s why for that reason too? I love Internationals mostly, my most favorite school buses ever , cause of their everything that they make are powerful and awesome. Blue-Birds, I just like and the also the designs too. Thomas Freightliners, have a powerful diesel engine and best voted heaviest quality vehicles in its class from Mercedes-Benz.
Go to Top of Page

schoolbusfan1994

14 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  7:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolbusfan1994's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love their diesel engines too from International, like the VT-365, DT466E, DT466, T444E,Maxx-force DT, Maxx-force 7.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000