School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Just For Fun
 Enter Forum: Just For Fun
 Bear Gulch II fire. Photos (dial up users beware)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  12:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, for the last month there's been this huge forest fire that's been burning about 15 miles from my house. The fire, named the "Bear Gulch II" fire (after an original fire of the same name burned in the exact spot in the late '70s), was reported on July 25th. It started near an area known as "Party Rock" - a gigantic house-sized boulder that's a common party location.

A couple days after it was reported, I began been documenting it on film. These are the ones that I'm showcasing.

The first two were taken with a Minolta DiMAGE S414 4MP digital camera with full manual capabilities. The last four were taken just last night (at around 2:30 - 4:30 AM) with a Konica Autoreflex TC 35MM SLR camera and three separate lens combinations. (a 28mm f4.5 lens, a 50mm f1.7, - both wide angle lenses and a 135mm f2.8 telephoto)

The preceding four photos were taken from a spot located nearly five miles further up from the spot the first two were taken at. The first two were taken at a wide pulloff/viewpoint overlooking the lake and the Olympic Mountains along Washington State Route 119, and the last four were taken at a boat launch on the north end of the lake.

The fire has burned nearly a full mile in terrain on the eastern boundary of the fire since the day the first two photos were taken, which was on July 28th.

It's up to 640 acres right now, and estimates say the fire could burn well into October.

Edited by - Steven A.Rosenow on 08/22/2006 12:07:14 AM

Gini
Top Member

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  02:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Gini an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow! incredible shots of the fire- but how scary, to be so close!

1Peter 1:3
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  06:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool photos. I agree, I wouldn't want to be near that fire!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! I'd hate to live near that fire!

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000