New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  08:30:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
03/20/2006 - LimaOhio.com, OH - Reports say a school bus rolled over this morning while carrying passengers ranging in age from 3 years old to adults from Thomas Edison School. There were apparently no serious injuries.

click for story with picture

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  09:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by news

03/20/2006 - LimaOhio.com, OH - Reports say a school bus rolled over this morning while carrying passengers ranging in age from 3 years old to adults from Thomas Edison School. There were apparently no serious injuries.

click for story with picture

Authorities were at the scene of a school bus rollover east of Tulley-Harrison Road just south of Lincoln Highway at 9:30 a.m. today. Reports say the bus was carrying passengers from Thomas Edison School. The passengers may have ranged in age from 3 years old to adults. There were apparently no serious injuries. Passengers were taken to Van Wert County Hospital. Reports said the accident happened when the school bus driver swerved to avoid a deer, went left and hit a pole, then went right and rolled over in front of 7254 Tulley-Harrison Road. We'll update with more information as we get it.

Yikes, what do you do in this type of situation. Surely the school bus driver was not acting irresponsibly. School bus drivers are people/human and do what comes to mind, and trying to avoid the deer was what the driver was trying to do. What would have been the outcome if the driver did hit the deer?

I wonder how many houses and commercial sites are being built in that area to force wildlife into the streets. Around here in MA and I am sure everywhere else in the states, development of commercial buildings and houses has doubled and tripled, replacing trees and land with ugly, overly priced houses (that all look the same). There are many streets that you drive down, they all keep their front light on with a chandelier in the front and they all look exactly alike. I would hate to belong to a neighborhood association!

I'm not saying that this accident was attributed to the development of houses or commercial land in that particular area because I have no idea what the landscape of that part of OH is like, but I would just be curious to know. I know around here, people are yelling "there's a moose on the loose, there's a coyote in my backyard, there's a family of deer in my backyard" (Let’s kill those coyotes they are walking around in my backyard in the house we just built and the land we just destroyed [but let’s not forget we took away their homes!] ...No people, get it straight, YOU ARE in their yards- you tore down their habitat so you could show a status symbol- I guess I shouldn't talk because my parents did the same but doesn't mean I have to agree (but now it is just unstoppable and it’s gone too far –everywhere, I mean everywhere in this town you look and there is a street being built where wildlife used to live).
It makes me sick!

I went totally off subject but I hope that everyone is okay and recovers from this accident.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 03/20/2006 09:55:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone turns out alright.
Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I too hope everything turns out alright. If you hit a deer that could be very bad news. I don't see how he had much choice than to try to avoid stiking that animal.

William
Go to Top of Page

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  04:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seat belts prove helpful in bus accident

03/21/2006 - LimaOhio.com - CONVOY, OH - Fifteen passengers, including nine preschool children, were taken to hospital, but only with minor injuries. Trooper Michael Dirr of the Van Wert post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said the seat belts made the difference. “Everybody was buckled in,” he said, adding that more serious injuries would be likely without the seat belts.

click for story

Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  1:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder what the trooper would have said if it would have caught fire, driver incapacitated, kids couldn't unbuckle. Hmmmm.

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

mrbluebird
Advanced Member

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  1:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrbluebird's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i hope every one is ok .

YOUR CHILDREN'S SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000