New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  3:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well guys I seen it all today I left the school today on my route I made my first stop after that my bus would not get up to speed now this is all rural route so were on the highway a lot on my way to the first town I topped out at 57 i felt a funny feeling in the gas pedal when it first happened so I thought something happen to the cable so my next stop looked under the hood and nothing look out of place. I looked under the dash all normal so I finished my route and drove 48 mph for 24 miles back to the school now this bus will go 75mph into the wind if you what to so this is quite a change. You all probably know what it was ?
A LOLLIPOP WAS STUCK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE GAS PEDAL. And the stick was pointed up so you could not see it at all. Any dummy should have checked that But not Me I almost ordered a new cable before I found it. Believe me moday new rule on the bus NO SUCKERS.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  03:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better that than the brake pedal! Curious...what kind of bus? Floor mounted pedal or firewall mounted?
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  05:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol!...Yep I've seen it happen and its happend to me! tennis ball, baseball. Sure scratch your head for a while, bus would go, next stop, no go...

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  1:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks BusBoy 1. Good story. Sorry for skimming the post and not reading completely. I feel pretty foolish.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

ooms7j

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  1:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit ooms7j's Homepage  Click to see ooms7j's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol well at least the bus was ok and out of ceriosity why have you had your bus to 75 isn't the limit for school buses 55

Emergency situations are my responsibility, Drive Safe, ooms7j
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  2:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In N.Dak the bus speed limit is the same as any vehicle on the road the main highway going by our school is 65 and 14 miles south is I-94 which is 75 and we use the interstate a lot.
most of our buses a govered at 65 though. so yes I have had that bus to 75 many times.
Go to Top of Page

TerryBus71

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  8:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of you should come to virginia and drive. on route when picking up children we are only aloud to go 35 and going from school to school or fieldtrips we are aloud to drive 45. if we travel interstate we are aloud to go 55. our busses are turned back to about 57. my first bus was turned back at 38 miles an hour. try driving that on a fieldtrip.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  06:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me that 55mph speed limit on the interstate seems more dangerous I have drove buses in wind that I could not get above 55 and there was a lot of semis and cars that almost rear end you out there and the swerving in and out looks like the daytona 500 you gotta remember when the speed limit is 75 most cars and trucks are going 85mph and a 30mph difference they come up on you fast. IMO
Go to Top of Page

LBDboater
Advanced Member

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  3:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe me, I'm also from VA and its horrible. We are basically rolling road blocks. Although, the last I heard there was legislation going through the houses to change that. Luckily, the fastest place for me is on a 55 MPH highway where I'm limited to 45 MPH since its only two lanes. It not only makes it more dangerous when the cars are behind us, but alot of drivers know we cant go that fast, so the would rather pull out 10 feet in front of the bus instead of poke along at 35 or 45 MPH.

Edited by - LBDboater on 03/21/2006 3:53:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000