Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  10:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*

Edited by - Chris on 08/31/2012 10:34:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  2:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the photos! I wonder why they advertise wifi so much on the buses, that almost seems silly to put that many decals on the bus. Is that the only bus in their fleet with wifi or do they have more?

Also, it's sad to see the paint chipping already on that IC FE. I can't imagine what some of our current buses will look like when they start to age.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  9:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was the only bus they had with WiFi. Their fleet only consists of about 6 buses. I was shocked to see the paint chipping as well, but perhaps its because they park partially in a tree?? None of our IC's have that issue.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've seen a few IC's like that locally but not many. You could very well be right.

In other news... I really need to get SBW back up and running, lots of great KY bus pics to share when I do!

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  07:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taxpayers would riot here if they saw WiFi stickers on buses.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Advanced Member

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  7:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
passed Brand New Visions here in ATL headed to Anderson County Ky!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  8:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool! You should have got photos.

BB has more marketshare in KY than previous years but I still feel like they are a minority. I looked over the state inventory and I don't think anyone ordered any new BB transits either.

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!

Edited by - Jake on 09/15/2012 8:24:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

2004icfe

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  1:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
State Inventory Updated

http://odss.education.ky.gov/businventory/
Go to Top of Page

Matt815

6 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  3:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt815's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

I know I'm a little late on this, but I'm not understanding the point in it having the WiFi. It's an interesting idea, but how many kids do you think would actually use it for school work or something? Or is it on this bus to give the kids entertainment because it's possibly a long route? Whatever the reason is that possessed them to it is something I can't think of.
Go to Top of Page

Matt815

6 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt815's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also have a question. Does anyone know if it's against the law to have the cross arm removed from a bus in Kentucky? There's a bus at my school, it's a 2011, that has had it's cross arm removed and I was curious has to if it's allowed or not.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonMP

6 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  2:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonMP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt815

I also have a question. Does anyone know if it's against the law to have the cross arm removed from a bus in Kentucky? There's a bus at my school, it's a 2011, that has had it's cross arm removed and I was curious has to if it's allowed or not.

Was it an IC? With our newest ICs, their crossing guards are already sagging low when deployed. Maybe they couldnt fix it?
Go to Top of Page

Matt815

6 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  5:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt815's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonMP

quote:
Originally posted by Matt815

Was it an IC? With our newest ICs, their crossing guards are already sagging low when deployed. Maybe they couldnt fix it?

It's an IC, but when I saw it last, there was no sagging to it.
Go to Top of Page

Matt815

6 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  2:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt815's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bullitt county is installing new cameras on all of their buses.
Go to Top of Page

Matt815

6 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  9:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt815's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone who lives in a county that has a 2009-10 IC FE, that could get some interior pics for me, ones that show off the seat and the driver's area, could you please do so? Ineed it for making a bus in a 3D software. I would love to do it myself, but the only FEs around me are from the 90s.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000